`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why Is Longevity So Tempting???

Why Is Longevity So Tempting???
I bought the first 3 boxes of Longevity to come to my local Target. Spent $150, $163 with tax, and got about $60 worth of return out of them, $30 was in one Luck Jersey. Now I go over there tonight and there are 6 more boxes and I nearly empty my wallet to buy them all up! I was able to control myself and buy a few packs of Topps and Prestige, but man those things kept getting my attention. WHY? This product, which was fun to break open, but not fun enough to spend another $150 on so tempting?
FB PC: Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez, Derrick Thomas, Chiefs
BB PC: Whit Merrifield, Salvador Perez, George Brett, Royals

RE: Why Is Longevity So Tempting???
Yikes, buy hobby! Retail is good for a blaster or two to scratch the itch, but retail is painful.

Well I did the same thing and really did bad. The lure of the product is 4 hits but getting a good one is rare to say the least.
Where I live the store has 6 boxes left and I could not bring myself to buy anymore. I also have to get there before the pack searchers get there or they weigh the blasters to get the best oneSad
What I have been doing lately is buying box breaks from ultimate box breaks. I get way better stuff than if i go and buy full boxes.
But back to your point I like the product alot but it seems like its a raw deal, well atleast for me.

I loved opening the first round of three. It was really a lot of fun getting 12 hits in 30 packs! Problem is I have 9 or 10 just sitting here, waiting to be sold, and still waiting...

It used to be great, decent amount of serial numbered parallels, "rc" autos numbered to 10, awesome patches. Used to be 1 in 3 (in my experience ) had a patch shot or nice jumbo patch.
Now it just sucks.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I look at it this way ... it's only $10 more than the cost of two regular blasters, and how often have we all bought two blasters of something and got absolutely nothing?

Worst case scenario, you get four jersey cards, plus the chance at an auto.

I've busted one basketball box in 09-10 and got jersey cards of Griffin and Evans, and one football box last year and pulled an Aaron Rodgers blue jersey/99, so it wasn't bad.

(10-03-2012, 01:19 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I look at it this way ... it's only $10 more than the cost of two regular blasters, and how often have we all bought two blasters of something and got absolutely nothing?

Worst case scenario, you get four jersey cards, plus the chance at an auto.

I've busted one basketball box in 09-10 and got jersey cards of Griffin and Evans, and one football box last year and pulled an Aaron Rodgers blue jersey/99, so it wasn't bad.
When you say it that way you tempt me...stop!

I like rookies and stars regular a lot better as a blaster retail than longevity my 1st box i pulled a rgIII jrsy card used at the rookie premiere and i also like panini americana h&L rlly cool product