`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OT -- Well, I had a flashback moment that got me thinking...

RE: OT -- Well, I had a flashback moment that got me thinking...
Hope all is well ADB! Hope your able to make a return in the future
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Hey Jeff aka ADB you have been one of my favorite people since I joined the boards in 09. Its sad to see you go and if you ever need anything please dont hesitate to contact me bud. You will be missed!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-01-2012, 08:30 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: Well it seems more and more on many sites long time collectors are losing thier colelcting love due to the crazy price of boxes and packs and then cant sell what they dont want for even close to what they paid. No reason a box should cost 100 and give 4 hits and they get maybe 15-20 back.
True dat. I've lost interest in buying boxes. Just can't justify the expense for mostly garbage. But I've come to realize it's not just that, but it seems any more that every "new" product is exactly the same as all the other ones. Now when I get the urge to go to the LCS I instead go to the bay and find some nice Favres to spend my $$ on. I suppose I'll buy a few Topps Chrome rack packs when Target gets them in, but that's about it.

Happy Trails, ADB, you will be missed. Come back and visit now and then.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I will defiantly miss your wit ADB.

I will also add a hijacking comment. The reason for the cookie cutter products is because collectors only want AU/GU as evidenced here multiples times with the look at my hits threads. There is not much room for innovation. The high box prices are due to the extra costs of acquiring all those AU's you want. I'm wasting my breath (typing time?) though since you all already know this and yet collecting habits won't change, right?
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

take care man....your humor will def be missed
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

you have given me advice when i needed it and a laugh or two along the way, take care all day baby!!!
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

Bummer - one of my favorite posters. Hopefully you will drop by from time to time.
PS - i remember the 60's and not all flashbacks are good. Big Grin
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

I hope you'll still come around to give a few 'words of wisdom' I have always enjoyed your threads. It won't be the same without you.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

see you on the other board my friend ..... don't be a stranger Smile