`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My first BGS submission...what a bust

RE: My first BGS submission...what a bust
Well considering I put quotation marks around my post which was Post 2 I assumed people would know I don't quote myself but you are right. Good call...../facepalm.

(10-29-2012, 11:34 PM)jarmll Wrote: for the sake of clarity the How-To provided on the first page of the post can be found here...http://reviews.ebay.com/Complete-beginners-guide-to-grading-cards-BGS-PSA?ugid=10000000003819455
Not sure if this is the same individual that posted it here, but give credit where credit is due!

Post them up when you get them and I will give my opinion on each of what I would do if you want. I'm not expert but I have cracked a few for resubmits. You know I wouldn't steer another Bears fan wrong...Smile

(10-30-2012, 12:26 AM)lsolarte1 Wrote: 22 cards so maybe a little over zealous for my first but again I saw good corners, edges, and centering and completely dropped the ball on surface. I'm also getting ahead of myself as I have not seen them yet for the subgrades. I'm just making an assumption at this point. We will see when they come back and if it's blatant surface, I will share in the sentiment of costly first mistake. Glad I brought it up, learned a lot tonight

Thanks but I just copied and pasted like the internet Maverick pointed out. Tongue
Just sharing knowledge with those that need it.

(10-29-2012, 11:25 PM)all day baby Wrote: This might be the most informative thread I have ever seen on this site. Excellent explanation, england!

jarmll, it IS an accurate grade either way. It's just a lower grade if you didn't wipe the surface clean. On top of the reasons given why they don't wipe it for you, also know they have to get through a number of cards. Slowing down to fix your problem cuts into their productivity.

Also know, a PSA grade 9 <> BGS 9, so fixing the issues with your card, but sending it to somewhere else will cost you money in the end, if your intention is to flip it.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

You can get the subgrades thru your account. Log in, click grading tab, click lookup order and the numbers will tell you when you click them.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(10-30-2012, 06:03 AM)branesergen Wrote: You can get the subgrades thru your account. Log in, click grading tab, click lookup order and the numbers will tell you when you click them.
Oh, ok, will def take a look.
I collect Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Jackie Robinson, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, and Michael Jordan.

I feel like I just got out of class. Great post!
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]