`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown

RE: Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown
Most people don't like Miggy or Hamilton or even Trout. In fact, I am a Rangers die-hard and don't think Hamilton is the best player on the team. I think the one that can't be replaced is Beltre. (But that's another topic). And I think the Trout deal is just hype. There will be another player just like him in this year's draft, or next year's draft. So it's only a matter of time before he fades away.

Back on this topic, I think what Cabrera has the potential to do is awesome. You see no-hitters, perfect games, 4-HR games all the time. But it's been like 40 years or so since we've seen a triple crown winner. That's just amazing.

I hope he does it! Would be cool to see this accomplished in my lifetime.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(10-01-2012, 09:13 PM)ringers1993 Wrote: Welcome to the new MLB where WAR is the only stat that matters in in the MVP Race
Well then. I guess it's a good thing this WASN'T about the MVP race.....

(10-02-2012, 09:32 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Back on this topic, I think what Cabrera has the potential to do is awesome. You see no-hitters, perfect games, 4-HR games all the time. But it's been like 40 years or so since we've seen a triple crown winner. That's just amazing.

Reminds me of Canseco's 40/40 year when his cards blew up. It had never been accomplished before and was the biggest thing in baseball since Maris's 61 HR's. To bad Canseco was a piece of trash off the field.

Just a question out of curiosity...what were Miggy's #s averaging yearly over his career? What were they over the past 2-3 years? I am just curious if this is a sudden thing or if he's been this way all along.

He's been consistent his entire career. See for yourself:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/player...mi01.shtml

I'm a Tigers fan, I hope he does it ... just kicking myself for selling this card for a grand total of $26 a couple of months ago ...

[Image: MiguelAuto.jpg]

Luckily I already had a Miggy auto, sent it in to "Autographs for a Cause" c/o the Tigers last season ... $20, not too bad.

(10-02-2012, 09:32 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Most people don't like Miggy or Hamilton or even Trout. In fact, I am a Rangers die-hard and don't think Hamilton is the best player on the team. I think the one that can't be replaced is Beltre. (But that's another topic). And I think the Trout deal is just hype. There will be another player just like him in this year's draft, or next year's draft. So it's only a matter of time before he fades away.

Back on this topic, I think what Cabrera has the potential to do is awesome. You see no-hitters, perfect games, 4-HR games all the time. But it's been like 40 years or so since we've seen a triple crown winner. That's just amazing.
I'm a big Cabrera fan, but I think Trout is likely a once in generation talent. Speed, power, average, defense, arm- he has it all. I think Harper may proove to be even better.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I think Trout is the real deal but I also see it as the direction that the future of baseball is going. You've got 13 year olds playing 100 plus games a year and playing like machines. By the time they get into high school the cream is at the top and damn near ready for the majors after a little more polish. I also feel that Harper's ceiling is a little higher Trout's but we'll see about that next year. What he has done at 19 is amazing.

It's baseball history hope he gets it....
Trade Site

ALWAYS COLLECTING ALEX RODRIGUEZ RC, AUTO'S