`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown

RE: Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown
(09-28-2012, 11:03 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I hope that he doesn't.
I want Hambone to get the most HR's!!

I hope that he doesn't get the MVP either!!
I Hope he does, Its a rare feat. I like Nolan Ryan also but hope Hambone break a leg! It would suck if Cabrera lost the Triple Crown due to a guy who has no chance at the Hall of Fame!

I Collect Hofers and or Potiential surefire Hofers!

(09-28-2012, 09:38 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Man, I live in Michigan and follow Cabrera/Tigers closely. He definitely screwed up, and has a drinking problem (which he is addressing), but it's been a year-and-a-half problem free. He's been a good citizen since then. Far from a d-bag. And far from Manny, who had attitude (and PED) issues for a long time. I don't think that's a fair comparison at all. Cabrera is a onsummate professional on the field, and has apparently made great strides in his personal life as well.

Hamilton -and many other players (and regular joes) have had similar problems. There's something to be said for overcoming an addiction like that. I'm not making excuses for him- and if he were still misbehaving, I'd probably agree with you. But, the fact is, he's done well for the last two full-seasons and has become one of the best 5 players in the game.

playing the Hamilton card proves the point...

If you don't like Cabrera for his personal past then you cannot like Hamilton

HOWEVER I did love seeing the yankees fans bashing Cabrera when he first came to town this year "HEY MIGGY YOU WANT A BEER?!?!"
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(09-29-2012, 06:20 AM)stera8 Wrote: playing the Hamilton card proves the point...

HOWEVER I did love seeing the yankees fans bashing Cabrera when he first came to town this year "HEY MIGGY YOU WANT A BEER?!?!"
I didn't even know Miggy had a checkered past. I don't like ANYONE if they don't play for my Cowboys or my Rangers!! It's my opinion & my viewpoint!! And I'm entitled to it!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-28-2012, 06:44 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I don't know how anyone could root against a guy who has a chance to accomplish something that hasn't been done in 40+ years. It's pretty remarkable when a guy is able to get this close. -Of course, I'm a tiger fan, so I'm obviously biased. But I'd be cheering for anyone not in a white sox uniform to achieve the triple crown. (Even then, I'd quietly respect the feat). It's great, too, that he's doing it while in the playoff hunt.
I respect what he has done.
And anyone who can't see what kind of feat this WOULD be... is blind.

I don't care what team or player you root for..... No player has done it like Uva said in 40 !!!!!!!!!! years...... NO ONE.

(09-29-2012, 08:05 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I respect what he has done.
And anyone who can't can not see what kind of feat this WOULD be...

I don't care what team or player you root for..... No player has done it like Uva said in 40 !!!!!!!!!! years...... NO ONE.
I didn't know how to respond to this. Everything that I could think of I figured that y'all would think was childish.
Why can't y'all just accept and respect my opinion??

(09-28-2012, 06:56 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: EASY!! I'm not a fan of baseball in general. I'm a fan of Nolan Ryan & the Texas Rangers!!
Then go post in another forum. And stop hating on something MOST of the best hitters (of most of our lives) HAVE NOT seen this feat.

(09-29-2012, 02:02 AM)hofergreats1 Wrote: I hope he does, Its a rare feat. I like Nolan Ryan also but hope Hambone breaks a leg! It would suck if Cabrera lost the Triple Crown due to a guy who has no chance at the Hall of Fame!
You're evil & sadistic!!

1. In not "playing the Hamilton card." So I don't know what point I'd be proving. In fact, I like Hamilton a lot and will continue rooting for him on and off the field.

2. I'm not following what you mean by your second statement (that I would need to like Cabrera's past in order to like Hamilton?). In any event, I like Cabrera as a player, but don't like the fact he got in trouble for drinking at the end of the '09 season and at the beginning of spring training last year. I don't know who would like that. From what I understand, he realizes he can't handle alcohol and is making a concerted effort to steer clear. That's about all someone in that situation can do.

3. I don't think it's funny to make a joke of offering an alcoholic a beer.

(09-29-2012, 06:20 AM)stera8 Wrote: playing the Hamilton card proves the point...

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

GO MIGGY!!

(09-29-2012, 08:44 AM)uvaspina Wrote: 1. In not "playing the Hamilton card." So I don't know what point I'd be proving. In fact, I like Hamilton a lot and will continue rooting for him on and off the field.

2. I'm not following what you mean by your second statement (that I would need to like Cabrera's past in order to like Hamilton?). In any event, I like Cabrera as a player, but don't like the fact he got in trouble for drinking at the end of the '09 season and at the beginning of spring training last year. I don't know who would like that. From what I understand, he realizes he can't handle alcohol and is making a concerted effort to steer clear. That's about all someone in that situation can do.

3. I don't think it's funny to make a joke of offering an alcoholic a beer.
Maybe you took what I said wrong. I like miggy I like Hamilton. I hope they both stay on the right path. Obviously just like Hamilton, Cabrera has been getting a lot of help.

My second point is that if someone doesn't like miggy because of bad decisions that he has made in the past, they shouldn't like Hamilton (yet he is one of the most beloved in baseball) they both had personal issues and are growing from it. Another example is...if someone was a big fan of McGwire but hated Sosa because of steroids... Do I make sense now? Sorry

Yes it is not funny to offer an alcoholic a beer. And I didn't mean haha and funny in those terms. I forgot that through the Internet you can detect sarcasm. I meant. Only in ny would a fan shout that (not anywhere by me you just heard it)
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!