`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Big Trade Up

The Big Trade Up
Inspired by the man who made a chain of trades (starting with a red paperclip and eventually trading up to a house), I wanted to see if I could apply the same sort of thing to the world of baseball cards. Interested in how far I'll get.

The Rules
I will offer one card to trade... that card will be small in value. My goal will be to trade that card for one more valuable... then trade the card I receive for one more valuable, etc.

1 - All trades must be one card for one card
2 - There may be times when scans are needed of the cards coming back (depending on value)
3 - There will be full disclosure - I will post who I traded with and an image of what I got in return

If you see one of my cards posted and are interested, please drop me a trade offer.

Follow the Track
Card 1: 1989 Topps Carlton Fisk BCCG Graded 10
traded for...
Card 2: 2012 Bowman Mike Trout from tdog4468
traded for...
Card 3: 2010 TRISTAR Obak Mini T212 Black Drew Storen SER# 13/50 from gotopes
traded for...
Card 4: 2012 Topps Archives 3D Roberto Clemente from jonathancard
traded for...
Card 5: 2011 Topps Update Cognac Diamond Anniversary Larry Walker from ca4n6chuck
traded for...
Card 6: 2012 Topps Chrome Gold Refractors #175 Leonys Martin (Ser #22/50) from dontpray
traded for...
Card 7: 2011 Topps Heritage Black Vance Worley from phillies816
traded for...
Card 8: 2004 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Jersey Number Don Drysdale 14/53 from lecreccio
traded for...
Card 9: 1994 SP Holoviews Alex Rodriguez from daddys lil all star
traded for
Card 10: 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Aspirations Josh Fields 88/100 from greg7475

Any questions, post below or drop me a line. The first card up will be posted below. Thanks for looking (and hopefully playing along).

Card #1
Looking for at least 50 cents back in trade value

Status
Trade is in progress - when I receive the card I traded for, I will post it here

[Image: 89TFisk.jpg]
-------------------------------------------------------------
Check Out My Cards

RE: The Big Trade Up
I hope it works out for you, but it seems like it'll take an incredible chain of charity (on items that have well known "values") for you to reach your goal. Anyway, best of luck. Post updates as you make progress.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

So let me get this straight...you're going to try to trade your way up from junk to greatness, and make public the people that you step over in the process...

I love it
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48

If you get a decent Ryan braun insert or parallel ill trade you a game used to help out.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

hahaha - thanks for the comments (positive & negative).

I will indeed post updates as trades are completed.
And to be clear - I don't really have a goal, per se, other than to have fun with this. I'm not expecting to turn my 1989 Carlton Fisk into a 1952 Mickey Mantle... but maybe I could turn it into a 1987 Mark McGwire, or something like that.

Not looking to step on people... not forcing any trades. Hopefully people will like or need the card I have available and be willing to trade something worth maybe, what, 50 cents more for it? Maybe not, and that's cool too.

I hope you all keep tabs on it. I hope to have my card from the other end of the first trade in the mail this week and will post a scan.

THANKS - keep comments (and ideas) coming!
Check Out My Cards

You realize in the end your gonna likely lose on this, right? It cost you $1.64 minimum to ship a card safely unless your using PWE. Wouldn't that make most trades a loss. At least all the early trades. If your goal is really similar to an 87 McGwire you will never win this way.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(09-23-2012, 02:20 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: You realize in the end your gonna likely lose on this, right? It cost you $1.64 minimum to ship a card safely unless your using PWE. Wouldn't that make most trades a loss. At least all the early trades. If your goal is really similar to an 87 McGwire you will never win this way.
Yup - totally understood... not looking to win or lose. I just think it will be fun, and interesting. I hope some of you do as well.
Check Out My Cards

I don't own ANY graded cards. And I love Fisk and I remember that '89 set from when I was a kid.

I'll send you a 2012 A&G Yaz for it. BV $1.50. Willing to waste postage on it if you are because I think what you're trying to do is entertaining. If you want to do a trade send me a note.

I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.

(09-23-2012, 06:53 PM)reds77 Wrote: I don't own ANY graded cards. And I love Fisk and I remember that '89 set from when I was a kid.

I'll send you a 2012 A&G Yaz for it. BV $1.50. Willing to waste postage on it if you are because I think what you're trying to do is entertaining. If you want to do a trade send me a note.
Thanks Reds77... sorry, I already have a trade in place for the Fisk.

Check Out My Cards

Interesting. Keep us postedSmile