`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-bay Selling: How Long Until You Give Up On A Buyer?

RE: E-bay Selling: How Long Until You Give Up On A Buyer?
Has anybody noticed an increase in NPB's lately? Haven't really had a problem with this until recently. Currently have 7 NPB's! Baffles me why you would bid on something you don't intend on paying for.
Collecting Jeter and all Yankees Stars. Also Bowman Chrome auto's of any serial number from 2010 & later.

(09-22-2012, 12:57 PM)nickpga2be Wrote: Has anybody noticed an increase in NPB's lately? Haven't really had a problem with this until recently. Currently have 7 NPB's! Baffles me why you would bid on something you don't intend on paying for.
I haven't sold anything since May I believe, and I was pretty lucky, but reading a few forums here and there, it definitely appears there is an increasing number of non paying bidders.

I attribute it to immaturity, lack of personal responsibility/accountability, and just flat out being a dimwit.

I think honestly there are a lot of kids playing around now days that bid just to keep someone else from getting the item.

There will be a time really soon where Ebay is going to make buyers list a debit/credit card on file and agree that if they win an auction the funds will automatically be debited from your account or charged to your credit card. No more of this win and then don't pay.

I don't quite think it would quite work that way because of combined shipping issues and them wanting everyone to use Paypal. However it may not be a bad idea to have everyone link to a Paypal account, which is linked to a credit/debit card and if a NPB warning is given by the seller (after say a 5-7 day window to allow for combined shipping or other reasons), then it would automatically be drawn out of the account.

I'm sure there are flaws with this, but it would allow ebay to collect their fees without having to worry about NPBs and the sellers would get their money. I'm surprised they haven't done something akin to this already.
Collecting Doug Waechter (118/149), Jared Sandberg (107/125), 1994-95 BB Michael Jordan (69/89), 1977-1997 Eddie Murray (877/943), and Bo Jackson BB/FB 1986-1995 (447/486), 2007 Fleer Mini Gold (126/370). Only completing trades with something on my lists.

(09-22-2012, 01:34 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I haven't sold anything since May I believe, and I was pretty lucky, but reading a few forums here and there, it definitely appears there is an increasing number of non paying bidders.

I attribute it to immaturity, lack of personal responsibility/accountability, and just flat out being a dimwit.
You are 100 percent correct ... the other problem is, and I have no idea why this changed, but a couple of years back (maybe more) they made it so sellers couldn't actually leave negative feedback about buyers.

So now, your options are "positive feedback" or "I'll leave feedback later."

WTF?

In the good old days, after you'd exhausted every other possibility, you could leave a big, fat, red negative like "deadbeat piece of crap refused to pay for auction."

Sniff, sniff. It brings a tear to my eye.