`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
11-12 Fleer Retro retail and blaster boxes

11-12 Fleer Retro retail and blaster boxes
Has anyone heard definitively if Upper Deck will be doing retail packs of Fleer Retro? I can only imagine the scene at everyone's Walmart and Target if they do come out.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 11-12 Fleer Retro retail and blaster boxes
(09-19-2012, 01:53 PM)djohn Wrote: Has anyone heard definitively if Upper Deck will be doing retail packs of Fleer Retro? I can only imagine the scene at everyone's Walmart and Target if they do come out.

I don't know, but if they stack them with any hits at all, a la Topps Platinum in football (where they DON'T stack hits in hobby boxes as I sadly discovered yesterday haha), then it will be cah-razy!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

i highly doubt there will be any retail retro.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

I agree with ping. Given upper deck's legal and financial troubles over the last few years (reneging on payments to MLB after THAT court settlement), I think upper deck is desperate for cash. Doing cheaper retail versions of a "hot" hobby product wouldn't make any financial sense. Panini can do it because they aren't that affected by the US recession or legal issues. Plus all the money panini has made by being the only company in the European soccer market for years.....

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(09-20-2012, 07:10 PM)taffster74 Wrote: I agree with ping. Given upper deck's legal and financial troubles over the last few years (reneging on payments to MLB after THAT court settlement), I think upper deck is desperate for cash. Doing cheaper retail versions of a "hot" hobby product wouldn't make any financial sense. Panini can do it because they aren't that affected by the US recession or legal issues. Plus all the money panini has made by being the only company in the European soccer market for years.....
Actually your reasoning would be exactly why I would expect Upper Deck to do a retail version. It is a HOT product! They are desperate for cash. They can make a lot of money by doing a retail version. The 2nd hand mark-ups on box prices have nothing to do with Upper Deck, so they are missing out on all the extra money. They can obviously see how hot the product is and know that if they do a retail version they could inflate the price and still sell out.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

retail version? no wonder most of the cards don't have serial numbers.... that way, UD can print more cards.... just like the US Treasury does money.... country is going broke, while they continue to print money (in UD's case, print more cards)... & spend more... UD needs to make money to pay for all those court lawsuits....

I STILL WANT MY UD REDEMPTIONS FILLED FROM 2009.... I can't afford RETRO, & If I could, I would not buy it!!
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Have to admit I wouldn't buy from Upper Deck again EVER! Don't care what they print. Been screwed over and lied to too many times . Pathetic ,dishonest , need I keep going company! Wish we would all boycott and tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Bet they're reprinting Jordan inserts as we speak.
Photobucket