`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Raleigh show this weekend- Who needs what?

Raleigh show this weekend- Who needs what?
I'm heading to the Raleigh card show on Sunday (normally I like to go on Saturdays so stuff isn't picked over, but I'm not missing my college football Smile. I'll have a very limited spending budget but I always bring lots of stuff to trade. Anything anybody would like me to keep an eye out for? Aside from the usual Henderson autos for our two competing GH collectors Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Raleigh show this weekend- Who needs what?
ha! i was just about to say henderson. have fun. wish i CoulD go.
and we dont really compete. we actually respect each other and look out for eachother.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I'll be at this show with my cousin this weekend!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

Have fun at the Card Show... I haven't been to a "real" card show for over a decade...

I'm looking for a cheap Derrick Rose Topps Signature "black facsimile" 2008-09... looking to buy or trade..
if I buy, my price is $60. must have 4 pointed corners.. no damage..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I'll be there Sunday, I think. I'm working on 3 collections currently, 09-10 UD (Masterpieces first, Dual Game and 3D next), Gerald Wallace (Cause Hendo is too picked over, haha) and now my ROY. I'll be by myself and I need somebody to show me the ropes, so one of you guys going shoot me a PM and maybe we can coordinate, if that doesn't sound like a man-date I don't know what does. But seriously, I need to know how to talk to these sales guys, how to work trades, not that I feel like I have much to trade...etc.

You can keep an eye out for celtics that I might need.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

So I learned an important lesson this weekend..

Don't go to weekend card shows just on Sunday, cause people are leaving early and stuff is long gone!

I love some college football so I couldn't go yesterday, and there just wasn't much today. I did get a couple OSU football cards, but that was about it. However, I did pick up a box of 95-96 Fleer for $12 just to have some box busting fun. No big pulls cause there's not much to be pulled, but the guy threw in 3 packs of 97-98 Topps...saw a Rock Stars card in one and got excited cause I need the MJ...

then saw the bottom of the back and it was a refractor, so I got REALLY excited...

Turns out it was the only other guy to lead his team to multiple titles in the 90's...Hakeem Olajuwon. Still a really nice pull from a free pack! Also grabbed a couple cheap GU cards (J-Kidd and Steph Curry, both /399). But that's it. Sorry I couldn't help anybody out!

Edit: @roberto, I couldn't find anything in that 09-10 UD realm, but I actually have a few of the dual games and the masterpieces as well. Check my org and LMK if I have any of your needs.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

sorry to the card show was not that good.. but finding a cheap box is always a nice find...

the monthly card show (if they still have it) in San Diego, never has any boxes... only singles... I haven't gone in a few years.. waste of time..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(09-23-2012, 09:23 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: sorry to the card show was not that good.. but finding a cheap box is always a nice find...

the monthly card show (if they still have it) in San Diego, never has any boxes... only singles... I haven't gone in a few years.. waste of time..
This one usually has very little wax as well. This time, however, a new guy was there and he had TONS of wax from all sports. Nothing I could afford, of course, but he had it at least lol

Your experience was about the same as mine a few weeks ago. Same ol same ol. I hadnt gone to it in 6 months so I figured something mighta changed but no Sad
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65