`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First (and possibly last) hobby break ever: 2012 Platinum w/ scan

First (and possibly last) hobby break ever: 2012 Platinum w/ scan
So as most of you know, I mainly collect basketball; however, in an attempt to get some bait to get some ohio state football autos, I picked up my first-ever football hobby product today: 2012 Topps Platinum.

Amazingly, I managed a feat that is near impossible in the hobby today: I opened a box of cards and did not get 1 single, solitary numbered card.

I chose Platinum over Rookies and Stars for 2 reasons: One, I like the look better, and two, I wanted to avoid a redemption, so naturally my rookie patch auto was a redemption.

I also went the entire box w/o a single Luck or RGIII, not even a base RC. I pulled the short-print RGIII RC from an Upper Deck blaster and sold it for double what the blaster cost!

In any event, here are the notable nonscanned "hits", everything is FS (preferably) or FT for Ohio State auto/GU cards.

Red parallels: Brady, Rodgers, Witten, Jennings, Stafford, Eli Manning, Gronk

Rcs: Alshon Jeffrey, Matt Kalil, Weeden

Black RC: A.J. Jenkins

X-fractor RCs: Ronnie Hillman

now the scanned hits. Honestly the die-cut Lamichael James looks awesome, just a pretty lousy box overall, so everybody go buy a box it's bound to be better than this one!

[Image: 2012platinumhits001.jpg]
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: First (and possibly last) hobby break ever: 2012 Platinum w/ scan
I didnt hit a Luck,Richardson, Blackmon or RGIII in my box and did not even hit a numbered cards besides my patch auto /1050

Yeah, my Platinum box kinda sucked hit wise, but I got all the top RC's. Sorry bout your box dude, actually, I would've been happier with yours, I would love the Broyles. I can't purchase and don't have OSU players, but I can swing ya some bait for it...
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

(09-18-2012, 04:56 PM)monsterx Wrote: Yeah, my Platinum box kinda sucked hit wise, but I got all the top RC's. Sorry bout your box dude, actually, I would've been happier with yours, I would love the Broyles. I can't purchase and don't have OSU players, but I can swing ya some bait for it...
I may do that. I could use a nice A.J. Green or Eric Berry for another trader on here looking to get out of basketball that has a couple nice MJs I need, so if you've got either of those LMK!

Edit: I think he also collects Cam Newton, but any auto or even a patch of his is probably worth more than the Broyles. I'm not sure if the pricing is even out I only have the basketball OPG haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

Only 4 rookies in a 20 pack hobby box? You can get 1 a pack at retail...or am i missing something?
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

(09-18-2012, 06:46 PM)charps Wrote: Only 4 rookies in a 20 pack hobby box? You can get 1 a pack at retail...or am i missing something?
I think those are the non-base rookies he's showing ...

I don't get it...I pulled a Ryan broyles auto patch out of my 1st box....yet you get stuck with a redemption of him?

I bought 2 boxes and haven't hit a base of rg3 or luck yet...but did hit a /25 purple refractor auto of Dwayne Allen...
[Image: 98f0af8c-6780-40a4-bc69-344cd0c42a37.jpg?t=1388894688]
Collecting Autos of: Indians, Browns, Buckeyes, and Cavs
Specifically on the hunt for: Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar, Josh Gordan, and Omar Vizquel (in Indians Uni) autos

(09-18-2012, 07:22 PM)jaybyrdtribe18 Wrote: I don't get it...I pulled a Ryan broyles auto patch out of my 1st box....yet you get stuck with a redemption of him?

I bought 2 boxes and haven't hit a base of rg3 or luck yet...but did hit a /25 purple refractor auto of Dwayne Allen...

maybe it's b/c it's an auto patch refractor? But I knew they had autos of him out, which makes it extra frustrating.

The trials and tribulations of pack -breakin'. If ya go in expecting nothing, you'll come out a lot happier. I like the Fleener, pm me I have a nice OSU auto Im sure you'd dig
Insert Banner.