`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I Do This? (Group Break Question)

Should I Do This? (Group Break Question)
So I got an email from my LCS today saying that he was busting a case of the new Triple Threads at his shop, and that he would be doing it as a group break. It's $60 for a spot and you randomly get assigned a team. I've never busted anything on that level (the most I've ever paid for a box of baseball was just under $100 for Platinum) so I'm not really sure if this is a good deal. What do you guys think? Is $60 for a random team a good deal?
[Image: A7mOM.png]

RE: Should I Do This? (Group Break Question)
do you like to gamble? i'd say $60 for a case break of TT isnt bad, but having a random team. could be gold or trash.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(09-16-2012, 09:33 PM)cubfreak929 Wrote: So I got an email from my LCS today saying that he was busting a case of the new Triple Threads at his shop, and that he would be doing it as a group break. It's $60 for a spot and you randomly get assigned a team. I've never busted anything on that level (the most I've ever paid for a box of baseball was just under $100 for Platinum) so I'm not really sure if this is a good deal. What do you guys think? Is $60 for a random team a good deal?
If its for a whole 18 box case yes thats a good deal.

I do breaks all the time bc i cant afford to do a whole case. And your not likely to go hitless with a full case either.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

At that price it's got to be a 9 box case.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

regardless of how many boxes...well is 9 box the low amount?

anyway...a box is about 220 a piece? I would def pay 60 for a fun first time chance...or product that is totalling 220x9 = $1980

even paying almost a fourth of a box is worth it... you never know but make sure you trust them to randomize the teams fairly
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Boxes are around $160 actually. I wouldn't do it only because you have no idea what team it will be. You could end up getting the padres. I believe that they have 0 hits in the product. You would then be screwed. Just my 2 cents Smile
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(09-16-2012, 10:07 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Boxes are around $160 actually. I wouldn't do it only because you have no idea what team it will be. You could end up getting the padres. I believe that they have 0 hits in the product. You would then be screwed. Just my 2 cents Smile
Please tell me where the boxes are on pre-sale for 160, so i can buy a case and resell them for 220 a pop, and price only rises as they all get bought up.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?ma...ts_id=6835
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(09-16-2012, 10:07 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Boxes are around $160 actually. I wouldn't do it only because you have no idea what team it will be. You could end up getting the padres. I believe that they have 0 hits in the product. You would then be screwed. Just my 2 cents Smile

This is sort of what I'm worried about, getting a team with not a lot of hits and being out $60.

I realize it's a gamble and none of you can really say whether or not it's a good deal because it is random, I've just never busted something this nice so I'm not quite sure what I'm dealing with. Right now I'm leaning towards no, but that could still change. Thanks for all the input, everyone.

(09-17-2012, 09:33 AM)cubfreak929 Wrote: This is sort of what I'm worried about, getting a team with not a lot of hits and being out $60.

I realize it's a gamble and none of you can really say whether or not it's a good deal because it is random, I've just never busted something this nice so I'm not quite sure what I'm dealing with. Right now I'm leaning towards no, but that could still change. Thanks for all the input, everyone.
I think you answered your question. If you "leaning toward no" then go with that feeling. Wait until it's busted and on various selling sites and spend the $60 on hits that you like. That's what I would do.

So the case break was posted on Youtube and I checked out the hits. There was a Harper jersey/auto, a Brett Jackson white whale redemption, and a Carew 1/1 booklet that looks pretty sweet. Overall not that great though, IMO. Pretty much what everyone has said, very hit or miss.