`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Advice here?

Any Advice here?
I am looking to make a long story short here. Only in the last four months have I gotten back into card collecting. I never went to card shows when I was into cards in my teens because I wasnt driving at that point. By the time I was driving I was in to other things. Fast forwards to now.
I have a card show this weekend. I did one in June. It was my first one and I felt very good about what I was able to move, the money that I made and I had a very enjoyable time doing it. I am more in it for the fun than the money but it takes up a lot of time so I like to make a little bit of money to spend on more cards.
I am not a huge fan of TOpps Chrome and I know that is big right now. I am a big fan of 2012 Bowman as well as Bowman Platinum. I am just not sure the best way to...display my cards. I Have an eight foot table and I figure that will be plenty(it was in June) but I am not sure how to best use that eight feet. June went well but I think a part of that was because I figured I would get no attention and I got much more than I figured. Any suggestions here?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: Any Advice here?
I would just look at how the other people have their tables set up. Im sure many of them have been doing it for years. Also you can probably search on youtube for some card show videos and see how they have their tables set up as well. BTW I am also not a fan of Topps Chrome but I love Bowman Platinum
Always looking for more Dodgers, Raiders, Kobe, and USC Trojans.

RE: Any Advice here?
I am doing a show in November. It will be my first show in probably 10 years. I am trying to figure out what to carry (regional favorites, newer stuff, high-profile stars, etc.) and what to leave at home.

I am like the OP in that I just like to collect, pick up things I am interested and make a few bucks here and there. I am mainly looking for enough money to cover the costs involved (gas, table fee, food, etc.). That way I can prove to my wife that this isn't a waste of money and maybe she will let me set up at a show in the future.

Anyway, to the OP, if you plan on doing shows routinely, it might be a good investment to get a display case. They have some with shelves, some without. Most all of them have locks where you can keep your better cards locked up. I was given a metal one and then made a wooden one with shelves, etc. It doesn't take but a little bit to make one.

Also, you can probably use pages in a notebook. I carry notebooks with all the base cards and low-end inserts of stars (nothing that has a BV of more than $1.50-$2.00) of the area teams (Dallas in this case) and sell the cards at like 4 or 5 for $1. Doesn't seem like much, but there are a bunch of kids with a few bucks in their pockets that dad gave them to spend. And there are a bunch of dads that are looking for good deals or ways to pick up cards to "hand down" to their kids. I have had success with notebook sales featuring local teams. Plus, you'd be moving a lot of base and stuff that not a lot of people want to trade for or buy online.

If it's a small show, I wouldn't bring a bunch of wax as most people can get that at the local card shop. They're looking for rare and unique items or good deals. If it's a large show then you might consider wax, only if you can beat the LCS' prices or online prices. Otherwise, people will just buy and wait for their product.

Might seem like a lot, but hope this helps.