`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will this years "weird" football hurt some card players values?

Will this years "weird" football hurt some card players values?
This is what I call the weird year. Teams that should win games, like last nights pitt/tenn game haven't. Some teams I picked to win like Green Bay, Kansas City are losing. Some players are under-performing like Cj2k, CAm Newton, Tim Tebow and some are hurt like Hakeem Nicks, Jake Locker..do you think team play, players performance and injuries are going to hurt these guys card values? Or are most of these guys too proven to have their values decline?

RE: Will this years "weird" football hurt some card players values?
Well player play is a dead given for fluctuating in prices, same with being hurt. Guys like newton, and locker aren't proven at all. Locker has played 3 or 4 games and did ok, Newton had a pretty good season, but had a terrible record. I think when a team loses the prices don't go up, but go down slightly from what I've noticed with just my Doug Martin collection. He hasent had a real good game yet, and his prices have stayed fairly cheap IMO.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Every year has the exact same kind of surprise players/teams....

(10-12-2012, 08:22 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Every year has the exact same kind of surprise players/teams....
+100000000000

The NFL has the most parity among all sports, which is why you always see "surprises" each year.

Alfred Morris anyone?
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I know I can't get any nice Jeremy Kerley cards for a steal after he has done better than most expected. That is one I know of.

Guess it's all a guessing game... you never know whose going to be the star and whose going to be the dud.

An example: Cam Newton won ROY but led his Panthers to a 6-10 record, Andy Dalton on the other hand went 10-6 and made the playoffs (had comparable numbers to Newton), but Newton's cards are the higher BV? Sorry, I think the better players win games, no matter how many TDs you toss or run for.

(10-12-2012, 08:25 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: +100000000000

The NFL has the most parity among all sports, which is why you always see "surprises" each year.
Yep, that's what makes it fun. A good draft, some nice FA pickups and an improving team.... Same thing the other way. Lose a FA, get an injury, a couple of bad calls.....
I love football Smile
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.