`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Cool Leaf Pete Rose Retail Blasters ... With Guaranteed Auto!

RE: Very Cool Leaf Pete Rose Retail Blasters ... With Guaranteed Auto!
(09-13-2012, 07:33 PM)wibs13 Wrote: I agree that it is cool to have lower-end autograph cards of big name players. It helps make collecting accessible to people of all economic backgrounds. My only beef would be the lame-o picture. Make it something to do with baseball, he can just hold a bat and stand there. I'd rather that then a picture of him mowing his lawn Smile
Yeah, you're right, that would be my only knock on it ... about half of the photos are just "candids," and I was hoping for one with an action shot.

But, the one I pulled shows him reading a newspaper during the World Series, and since I work for a newspaper, it's kind of a cool novelty thing for me.

pics?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(09-14-2012, 06:48 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: pics?
I'll try to get one in a couple of hours after the office clears out LOL

I got this one yesterday

[Image: hpqscan0001-4.jpg]

Man, that's a way cooler photo than mine ... I scanned mine in to post, but unfortunately Photobucket is taking a large dump right now and keeps giving me an error message. So, I'll try again later.

rjcj2017: yea I have been trying to upload my chrome break pictures since 6 or so. photobucket has been having tons of problems lately.

(09-14-2012, 08:17 PM)rob024420 Wrote: I got this one yesterday

[Image: hpqscan0001-4.jpg]
wow nice photo! didnt this type of card sell for 80 during his last release? why did his auto price drop so much? is he over-signing and the value of his auto becoming less because the auto is less rare?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

UPDATE — I finally sorted the singles from my blaster and was able to complete the 50-card set.

If anyone needs my dupes to complete theirs, let me know.

Pretty good deal, a Rose auto and a complete set for $30.
(09-17-2012, 02:39 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: wow nice photo! didnt this type of card sell for 80 during his last release? why did his auto price drop so much? is he over-signing and the value of his auto becoming less because the auto is less rare?
These autos will probably not sell as well as other ones, true — why pay more than the price of a blaster when you can pick one up yourself?

The only thing I could think of as to why someone would pay more is maybe they were at a specific game in one of the photos or something ... or, they just like the card.

But, like I said in my OP, sure beats the Rose auto I didn't have before I busted the blaster ...
By the way, finally got Photobucket to work, here's mine ...

[Image: PeteRose.jpg]

Like I said, not the greatest photo, but since I work for a newspaper it's kind of a cool PC item for me.

Here is a scan of my auto.

[Image: xcvbcb.png]

I don't know, so far I think I'm in last place for best photo but first place for cleanest sig ... LOL