`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions??

RE: Opinions??
Honestly I think it is the dealers.... I doubt Upper Deck is raising their prices. Although honestly I think it is just as much the collectors fault for paying these outrageous prices. If people aren't buying them then prices would never stay so high. I paid 475 which was too much, but people that are paying 679 for a box are the ones that are really raising the prices. I feel bad for kids who try to collect. If prices had been like this when I was younger I would never have gotten into the hobby.

(09-13-2012, 01:40 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: ya, I wonder who is making the real money... is it UD or is it the dealers?? I think some of the dealers are the real crooks when rising the prices so fast.... they are almost as worse as the gas stations & everybody involved in the gas market...

Tbarn... that is exactly why Kids today do not collect sports cards... yes, they'll buy 1-5 cards of their local team & those are bought at the Stadium or special event... they do not buy packs or boxes of cards.. they'd rather spend it on clothes, iphones, & entertainment... not too many people buy music in stores, because they can download it for free or pay a few dollars online & download it.. sports cards are the same thing...

the kids that live in my apartment don't even know what sports cards are... they spend it on remote control cars, movies, clothes, or bikes... today's kids do not have many hobbies... except playing sports..
You see the upside down Tim Hardaway error? I love UD's Q/A... ebay # 140850167230

Yeah, it is a shame, but the card companies prefer it that way, targeting the market with the most money to spend. Just curious, did you ever decide if you wanted to sell/trade the Stephen Curry, Elvin Hayes, and Frank Ramsey Preferred autos? My collection is getting pretty big I have pics of 80 of the 130 and 5 more on the way. Plus I am winning 9 more on ebay including the Magic Johnson and David Robinson. So if you would like to get rid of those I would love to take them off of your hands!

(09-13-2012, 06:17 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: Tbarn... that is exactly why Kids today do not collect sports cards... yes, they'll buy 1-5 cards of their local team & those are bought at the Stadium or special event... they do not buy packs or boxes of cards.. they'd rather spend it on clothes, iphones, & entertainment... not too many people buy music in stores, because they can download it for free or pay a few dollars online & download it.. sports cards are the same thing...

the kids that live in my apartment don't even know what sports cards are... they spend it on remote control cars, movies, clothes, or bikes... today's kids do not have many hobbies... except playing sports..
You see the upside down Tim Hardaway error? I love UD's Q/A... ebay # 140850167230