`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why PMG is more popular than other potential parallel?

Why PMG is more popular than other potential parallel?
Every one is crazy over the PMG hype recently.

But why is PMG so much more popular over the other great looking parallel such as rubies, credential, refractor, xfractor and so forth?

Will any other inserts beat out the PMG as the top spot parallel chain in the next decade or so?

RE: Why PMG is more popular than other potential parallel?
I don't think anything will ever beat them. I think the fact that they are so short printed for the time and just how condition sensitive and tough they are too find.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

(09-12-2012, 06:37 AM)sky20t Wrote: Every one is crazy over the PMG hype recently.

But why is PMG so much more popular over the other great looking parallel such as rubies, credential, refractor, xfractor and so forth?

Will any other inserts beat out the PMG as the top spot parallel chain in the next decade or so?
Upper Deck is killing them by printing so many of them in the new Retro stuff.

The values don't show it right now, but as soon as everyone figures out how many of them there are, they'll drop.

Plus, with no NBA license, they won't stay this hot for long.

Everything comes in waves. PMG's are popular, but you have to also consider that a lot of people chase after the Z-Force Raves and the Flair Legacy Collection. Both of those have seen major jumps as well. I don't personally see that big of a difference in collectors going after the top guys in those sets compared to PMG's. Honestly I can't explain why people love PMG's more than ruby's (they really are the same to me). Give it a little time and collectors will move on to another set that was forgotten. These sets are reaching that aged value timeline. The 90's have reached into the 20 years ago range, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Still waiting on 1990-91 Hoops base to catch on...ILL BE RICH
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(09-12-2012, 04:08 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Still waiting on 1990-91 Hoops base to catch on...ILL BE RICH
LOL. I'd be ticked off, because I gave all of that away on purpose.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Personally I love the essential credential parallel from the E-X products. I think these parallel are a little underated and are very beautiful to look at. But that is just my opinion.

(09-12-2012, 01:46 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Upper Deck is killing them by printing so many of them in the new Retro stuff.

The values don't show it right now, but as soon as everyone figures out how many of them there are, they'll drop.

Plus, with no NBA license, they won't stay this hot for long.
the card companies will not quit till they suck the value and money out of all our pockets as much as possible this new retro set is total BS

PMG Retro are overrated!! Why pay so much money for a card that is not autographed & has a print run of /150? Don't make since.. they are beautiful cards... & UD gave the collectors what they wanted, but I think UD is manipulating the market... they or LCS let product get out early... or maybe, some cards that were not put into packs, went to a dealer or friend of somebody high up the Chain of Command within UD... that person put them on ebay before Retro was scheduled to be released... collectors went hungry.. then the listings were pulled before they were sold.. I look at this as false demand..

People are hungry for new products.. Panini didn't do very good this year.. in my opinion.. they screwed up the RC autos & those thousands & thousands of RC redemptions.... i wonder if I will get my fulfilled, or replaced...??

somebody will probably try to suck up as much PMG Retro as possible, only to flip it months & years down the road..

I do not know why people go hungry over college uniforms... I think the autos are more valuable than an old picture of a HOF, or even a Lebron college uniform..

UD was lazy, & used the same pictures across the board for their different inserts.. somebody else on Beckett, mentioned it already... I take this as being extremely lazy!!

UD withheld the release of Retro, so they can make people wait, they knew Panini was going to have trouble with some of their product sells.. they waited for the right moment to release it.. right now, there is no basketball on TV, collectors are starved to spend their money... right now was the best time for UD to release RETRO...

But I do not understand how a box of cards with a SRG of $250 (or what ever it was).. is now selling at $350-600 a box... that is crazy!! My LCS sold 6 boxes at $220 presell... that is what he told me yesterday.. he kept asking me & sending me emails every other week, asking me if I wanted to preorder them from him.. he has a very small card shop & doesn't sell much basketball.. he probably has less than a dozen customers that collect basketball.. three are there just about every other week.. busting boxes & throwing them up on ebay for others to see...

I will not buy RETRO or HOOPS... Hoops is too much of a gamble, because of their large checklist of autos.. RETRO, I can get singles for cheaper than a box of cards...

I'm not spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for non-autograph cards!! I am not that rich. I am an average collector. I took a $30,000 pay-cut when I got out of the navy last October... I can't buy a box of cards right now.. I have to save up for my next big buy.. hopefully, prices of boxes stay reasonable... for future products, if not.. I am going to buy some older boxes... I am in the middle of opening a 1994-95 SKYBOX 2 box right now... love the inserts.. most appear to be in very good shape... no chipping, or very little chipping. they are going directly into penny sleeves & toploaders to prevent chipping...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(09-12-2012, 08:51 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: PMG Retro are overrated!! Why pay so much money for a card that is not autographed & has a print run of /150? Don't make since.. they are beautiful cards... & UD gave the collectors what they wanted, but I think UD is manipulating the market... they or LCS let product get out early... or maybe, some cards that were not put into packs, went to a dealer or friend of somebody high up the Chain of Command within UD... that person put them on ebay before Retro was scheduled to be released... collectors went hungry.. then the listings were pulled before they were sold.. I look at this as false demand..

People are hungry for new products.. Panini didn't do very good this year.. in my opinion.. they screwed up the RC autos & those thousands & thousands of RC redemptions.... i wonder if I will get my fulfilled, or replaced...??

somebody will probably try to suck up as much PMG Retro as possible, only to flip it months & years down the road..

I do not know why people go hungry over college uniforms... I think the autos are more valuable than an old picture of a HOF, or even a Lebron college uniform..

UD was lazy, & used the same pictures across the board for their different inserts.. somebody else on Beckett, mentioned it already... I take this as being extremely lazy!!

UD withheld the release of Retro, so they can make people wait, they knew Panini was going to have trouble with some of their product sells.. they waited for the right moment to release it.. right now, there is no basketball on TV, collectors are starved to spend their money... right now was the best time for UD to release RETRO...

But I do not understand how a box of cards with a SRG of $250 (or what ever it was).. is now selling at $350-600 a box... that is crazy!! My LCS sold 6 boxes at $220 presell... that is what he told me yesterday.. he kept asking me & sending me emails every other week, asking me if I wanted to preorder them from him.. he has a very small card shop & doesn't sell much basketball.. he probably has less than a dozen customers that collect basketball.. three are there just about every other week.. busting boxes & throwing them up on ebay for others to see...

I will not buy RETRO or HOOPS... Hoops is too much of a gamble, because of their large checklist of autos.. RETRO, I can get singles for cheaper than a box of cards...

I'm not spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for non-autograph cards!! I am not that rich. I am an average collector. I took a $30,000 pay-cut when I got out of the navy last October... I can't buy a box of cards right now.. I have to save up for my next big buy.. hopefully, prices of boxes stay reasonable... for future products, if not.. I am going to buy some older boxes... I am in the middle of opening a 1994-95 SKYBOX 2 box right now... love the inserts.. most appear to be in very good shape... no chipping, or very little chipping. they are going directly into penny sleeves & toploaders to prevent chipping...
Well said.

Honestly, there are parallel cards that is numbered to 50 or less that can be purchased for 100 times less. I rather bought 100 of those cheaper beauties than buying one over rated price of a PMG card.