`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Graded MJ RC Question

Graded MJ RC Question
I got my MJ rookie back today and am very happy with the grade given the centering. My question is that I know the grade cannot be a certain amount higher than the lowest grade. Is it 1 full point higher or .5 point higher? Centering received a 6.5 so I thought it should be a 7.5?

[Image: 2DC76D79-2715-41DC-9104-2B75E1DD7164-491...1C0FE9.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Graded MJ RC Question
it can be 1 point higher, but i think certain subgrades have a higher percentage for the overall grade.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(09-11-2012, 09:01 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: it can be 1 point higher, but i think certain subgrades have a higher percentage for the overall grade.
Okay I thought there was something I was misisng. Thanks!

Very nice! Always nice knowning your Jordan RC is real with all those fakes out there, so anytime you can get it slabbed and it comes back authentic, it's a good day reguardless of grade.
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

(09-11-2012, 11:06 PM)nba50 Wrote: Very nice! Always nice knowning your Jordan RC is real with all those fakes out there, so anytime you can get it slabbed and it comes back authentic, it's a good day reguardless of grade.
Exactly. That is exactly how I felt. I knew the rest of the subgrades were good, but knew the centering was off. I simply wanted to make sure it was legit and to get it slabbed to keep it in the best condition possible. I was happy with the BGS 7 since I did not pay for the card (got it as a present).

Congrats and what a present. I also have a BGS 7 and glad that it's legit which is a win in itself with so many counterfeits out there.

(09-12-2012, 01:01 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Congrats and what a present. I also have a BGS 7 and glad that it's legit which is a win in itself with so many counterfeits out there.
Yeah, I completly agree man!

I believe the general rule of thumb for BGS is the card can receive up to a full point higher than the lowest sub but the other subs in that case are usually lights out (9.5 or 10s).

From my experience, most times you will get .5 higher than the lowest sub. When centering is the lowest, 9/10 times you only get the .5 bump in overall grade.

Regardless, nice that that card got in a 7 holder considering the centering. Great color and corners on that MJ. Congrats and enjoy.