`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
OT Ebay ethics question

RE: OT Ebay ethics question
I don't think you are doing anything wrong at all! Retracting your bid would be another matter though, that is completely shady. Besides, you can't retract your bid within the last 12 hours of an auction anyway unless you just placed the bid.

I followed the guidelines and emailed the seller directly and told them that I thought that something shadey was going on.....and that if the person bid again I was retracting my bid. I am also watching the person that was bidding, and the next time they bid up another auction I am sending it into Ebay.....they might not do anything, but the person had like 16 retractions on thier account.

(09-11-2012, 09:07 PM)duch2izback Wrote: You know you can call ebay and have your bid retracted as well so the guy who bid you up gets stuck with it

if your willing to pay then i think that its all good

never retracted a bid....dont know how lol
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

Nah dude I think you're fine, I do it all the time to someone. They bought a card from me for around $20 bucks then listed it for $700 saying it was "super rare" (it isn't). I noticed that the person is trying to corner the market on this random set .

So I've been for the last 2 years doing what you're doing, just bidding up auctions I know that person is bidding on (I look for the specific feedback # in the bid history). If I win the auction, no biggie, the guy buys them off of me anyway usually for a profit.

(He then lists them as super rare and doesn't sell. I should note the last three months have shown a drastic decrease in activity as I think he finally got a clue after his last $500 spurt in my shop)
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Once i get the one card i need i will leave him be.....even though he has cost me a good $150 extra just so i could get the ones i do have.
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile