`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty much screwed

RE: Pretty much screwed
WOW...I had a package get lost for about a whole month...of course I paid some paypal to the trader, just a little agreement we came to...to my surprise, he messaged me today stating he finally received the cards...he said the envelope looked liked it went through hell (exaggerating) but the cards were very well intact...so glad to hear that...well he decided to send me back the pay pal...really cool...He knew I was not trying to stiff him cuz the DC showed it was still in transit...the funny thing is have not heard from the PO...apparently they are still investigating where the package is...LOL!!! Don't lose hope bro...they will show up!!!

(09-11-2012, 08:35 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Sorry to hear about this, Giuseppe. Major bummer to say the least.

-As far as a sender's responsibility goes, when does it end? As long as the DC says it arrived, is the sender off the hook? Obviously, if someone snatches cards out of your mailbox, it's not the sender's problem. But if they never actually make it to your box, through no fault of your own, shouldn't the sender bear some of that cost (especially since he was uniquely situated to insure against this exact scenario)? -This is more of a general question. I'd love to hear the community's consensus.
I don't see why the sender should spend his own money to insure the package unless it is something that was agreed upon, or the receiver pays for it, or both parties are insuring. In this particular case, either the Post Office is at fault or someone took it straight out of his mailbox. It appears there is no way to tell. The sender doesn't know with any degree of certainty that this isn't all just a story that was made up by the receiver, especially given the fact that there is a digital foot print that points to the fact it was actually delivered. How could he be expected to simply take his word when the evidence points to the contrary.

I think this is just one of those situations where you have to swallow a hard loss, and pray it arrives eventually. Maybe learn a lesson about insuring high value shipments. I've never insured a shipment before because I've never had an issue with it before. I will probably start after the first time something over $300 gets lost.

(09-11-2012, 09:02 PM)trayelfstrom Wrote: I don't see why the sender should spend his own money to insure the package unless it is something that was agreed upon, or the receiver pays for it, or both parties are insuring. In this particular case, either the Post Office is at fault or someone took it straight out of his mailbox. It appears there is no way to tell. The sender doesn't know with any degree of certainty that this isn't all just a story that was made up by the receiver, especially given the fact that there is a digital foot print that points to the fact it was actually delivered. How could he be expected to simply take his word when the evidence points to the contrary.

I think this is just one of those situations where you have to swallow a hard loss, and pray it arrives eventually. Maybe learn a lesson about insuring high value shipments. I've never insured a shipment before because I've never had an issue with it before. I will probably start after the first time something over $300 gets lost.
As a general matter, I totally disagree with your point that the buyer should bear the seller's responsibility for insuring the delivery of his trade/purchase. It should always be the seller. (To that end, I think it's crazy when sellers offer to charge you more to insure your purchase. If it doesn't arrive, and the seller can't prove that it arrived, then it's the seller's problem, not yours).

Now, in this particular case, I'm not sure that insurance would've made any difference since it apparently arrived at the destination. -Which is the part of the equation I was inquiring about. Where does the seller's responsibility end? At the mailbox (I think)?
More to the point, I looked up a package of mine online yesterday and it said that it was "delivered" on September 6th, but I hadn't received it yet. Sure enough, the card arrived today (from Canada), September 11th. Hopefully yours is on the same slow boat.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(09-11-2012, 08:02 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: hello all. just wanted to vent here a little. recently i just made a trade and sent off 2 of my best card(harper auto and machado green auto) and havent gotten mine. well according to the DC number they were delivered and no where to be found. went to my usps office where they know me very well and the mail carrier swore she put the envelope in my box.
so, make a long story short, i am out a total off around 1000.
500 on the cards i was supposed to get and another 500 on the ones i sent out.
so, any other thoughts on what i should do? my wife says, they are just cards. yeah to you!! but to me, its something i love doing. and yes, i am pissed.
like i said, i needed to vent. comments welcome
Is your mailbox at a house, apartment & how easy is it for someone to randomly choose your mailbox to look for something? Was the delivery date today or has it been awhile?
I hope you get them but with the d/c & your carrier stating it was delivered seems to lessen the chance they show up. Maybe the Mrs. is holding them hostage for a nice piece of jewelry j/k...
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(09-11-2012, 09:46 PM)uvaspina Wrote: As a general matter, I totally disagree with your point that the buyer should bear the seller's responsibility for insuring the delivery of his trade/purchase. It should always be the seller. (To that end, I think it's crazy when sellers offer to charge you more to insure your purchase. If it doesn't arrive, and the seller can't prove that it arrived, then it's the seller's problem, not yours).

Now, in this particular case, I'm not sure that insurance would've made any difference since it apparently arrived at the destination. -Which is the part of the equation I was inquiring about. Where does the seller's responsibility end? At the mailbox (I think)?
I agree with you, and I'm always shocked to see not everybody sees it that way. It is 100% the seller or shipper's responsibility to get the item to you in the agreed condition. It doesn't really matter how it gets there, just that it does. If the seller feels he needs to insure it, add it in the cost. As a buyer, I would never add insurance on my own.

Now, this is a bit of a different situation. I do believe it's the seller's responsibility until it arrives for the buyer, including while in transit. But, in a case like this where delivery confirmation shows that it has arrived, I think that's sort of the end of what you can expect from the seller.

I think might have been avoided simply by adding insurance AND SIG CONFIRMATION...I use that anything over $150..you have to sign to get package, a little Inconvenient sometimes, but a safe option and does not cost too much

It is the sellers responsibility to make sure the package arrives safely. If that means insuring the package then that is what he must do...
Legally the seller is responsible to prove that the package was delivered, and he is responsible for refunding or replacing it if he cannot prove it was delivered.
Delivery Confirmation is not legal proof that it has been delivered, it is just a convenient way of tracking a packages progress through the system or tracing one that has been misdirected.

Ray

wow, lot of mixed feelings out there!! but i do have to agree with that the sellers has to have some fault in this. i mean, to me, if u are new on here and its a big trade, put a sig confirmation or insurance on it.
partially its my fault because i sent the my cards out before his got here. only because the guy really begged and pleaded. but damn, i didnt think there would be a thief in my neighborhood or maybe at the usps.
and as far as my mailbox goes, its a community one. the one where u have a key to open ur slot. didnt seem tapered with in anyway and was still locked.
and no my wife is not holding the cards hostage for some diamonds!! lol, funny *****.
but thanks all once again for the response. still gonna keep hope. also filled out an insurance claim. dont think it will do any good, but one can hope.

(09-12-2012, 07:13 AM)ktcardshop Wrote: It is the sellers responsibility to make sure the package arrives safely. If that means insuring the package then that is what he must do...
Legally the seller is responsible to prove that the package was delivered, and he is responsible for refunding or replacing it if he cannot prove it was delivered.
Delivery Confirmation is not legal proof that it has been delivered, it is just a convenient way of tracking a packages progress through the system or tracing one that has been misdirected.

Ray
This. Well said.

I just sent a package out with DC and insurance, the guy wasn't home when they tried to deliver it, then the next day the DC info had changed and said "out for delivery" but the letter carrier didn't have it to give to him.

The guy went down and picked it up from the post office the day after that, and then later in the day the DC info said "delivered" with his regular mail ... even though he already picked it up.

Point is, crazy stuff happens, good luck, man ...