`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT: Getting Back To Normal Around Here

OT: Getting Back To Normal Around Here
As some of yall may know, we had a little storm called Isaac roll through here. While the New Orleans area was largely spared, there was some flooding in the river parishes, something that these areas had never experienced before. I rode out the storm from my parent's home in the city of Laplace, and they were lucky to escape with no water. However, two houses down from theirs and further back into the subdivision recieved water anywhere from 8 inches to three feet or more. Further down in the city of Reserve, buildings and homes were sitting in water, including my alma mater, East Saint John. Hurricanes are a fact of life here; it's the price we pay for living in paradise (sic). My sister who lives in the back subdivision received ten inches of water in her home and her home she was renting out. We have spent every day since we were able to make it back to her house gutting it out, ripping out sheetrock, insulation, throwing out damaged stuff and saving what could be salvaged. It breaks your heart to see all the houses that have debris in front, but Laplace is a great town, and they will bounce back.

I just wanted to share some pictures of what I saw when we waited out the storm. Power took six days to come back on. Water was four to five days. I had to wait four days to take a shower. But at least we were alive and stuff can always be replaced if need be.

The water rising up:
[Image: 007.jpg]
[Image: 015.jpg]
[Image: 009.jpg]
[Image: 010.jpg]
[Image: 013.jpg]
[Image: 021.jpg]

My stepmom fishing in the newly formed Lake Nanapaw (the name we gave it)

[Image: 022.jpg]

A ball of fire ants floating in the water

[Image: ants.jpg]

These are catfish swimming in the street LOL

[Image: 037.jpg]
The Saints donated cleats, pants and other things to the ESJ football team since they lost all their equipment in the flood

[Image: 19463394_BG1.jpg]

In the middle of the storm, I took this picture:

[Image: 030.jpg]

And last, but not least, my family's cat:

[Image: 042.jpg]
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

RE: OT: Getting Back To Normal Around Here
This is neat!
[Image: ants.jpg]

GLad to hear your ok and safe.
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

Thanks for sharing man. I am glad that it wasn't as bad as it could have been for you guys. I like the picture of the catfish Smile

OMG that is crazy!!! Hope your house wasn't damaged too much. She catch any catfish lol?
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

Good to hear you are doing ok.. I live just north in Ponchatoula, and worked in laplace until last month. Really is a good city of good people.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I couldn't imagine water getting up that high and having catfish swimming in the street.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

Wow that is crazy! My dad woulda been out there with a net scooping up fish, lol.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]