`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am about to throw in the towel on trading here.

I am about to throw in the towel on trading here.
Twice in the last month I've had people initiate trades with me for large numbers,of bade cards (near 100), I've pulled the cards sent a counter offer, in their favor even if it did include a relive or auto (under 25bv). Offer gets sent back and requests for base cards only comes with it. Fine so I dig and I dig and add a couple of RC and still well in the other persons favor, then its just cancelled.

Add into this people seem to only want some crazy high end auto anymore, and I don't deal with those, I am having a hard time making any trades with the dwindling number of traders here. It's frustrating as Hell.
Is this thing on?

RE: I am about to throw in the towel on trading here.
Sorry for your frustration.

What sets are you trying to complete? Maybe I can help
Ah now I remember. The balut a d flapper card. Hope I didn't make you mad :/. Let me know if you need any ginter base or mini's. And platinum base
Ah now I remember. The balut a d flapper card. Hope I didn't make you mad :/. Let me know if you need any ginter base or mini's. And platinum base
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I am in the same boat. I am really only looking for Rangers base cards. But no one wants to trade base. I will post a thread and 12 hours later it will still be on the front page of the threads.

Beckett has run off just about everyone around here. At least the little guys like myself as I have joined several other trading sites and have been picking up tons of vintage and tons of base that I need for team sets.

To the OP, I feel bad for you and am pretty much in the same boat. It's sad really. But it's just the way things are right now around here.

Blowout is a little better but not much. The fact is everyone views base cards even base rc's as fodder and they only want low numbered Autos. I got to the point where I even stopped bothering with base cards and if it's not a RC , Insert set that I'm collecting, or an Auto it goes in the trash.

I'd be more than happy to sell all my base commons in lots of 500 or so but the problem is nobody wants to pay the shipping on something like that which would be around $7-$8 minimum.

I understand your frustration -I am more of a low to mid trader (collecting Royals base) and it is tough. I have had to branch out as well. It seems like I am generally trading with the same few people (which is great), but we generally have cleaned each other out on wants
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Nobody wants to trade base for base because everybody is "downsizing."

They want to trade a $5 insert of mine for 10 cards that are 50 cents apiece from them. I don't want to do that. I have listed several threads saying I want Rangers and it will get 100+ looks. Then in the description I will say that I am looking for base and nobody will replay when they see it's for base only.

Very frustrating.

Man I deal in autos and can't make a trade here hardly so I feel your pain trust me. I don't do sets so all my base goes to waste. I try to trade for Royals base for my kids and nothing. I try to give them away and it costs me out the butt. Nothing I do helps. I am working a trade to send it all to one guy who will appreciate it.

You need to start a group of guys who swap base only. I've seen it done and it works well. Each person helps the other build sets and swaps teams no matter what the cards.

Each team gets claimed by one person. Then no matter what base of that team you pull it all goes to the same guy. In return all base of a team you collect comes back.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would love to do that and think its a great idea. If other would be interested, I am game!!!!

...also, for the record, I have dibs on the yankees. Let's see if anyone else has interest...
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

I've mentioned this in other threads - but some of the problem is that we ALL are looking for basically the same cards. 99% of the offers I get are for my PC cards. Which I am happy to trade - for another PC card I want more!
We have to be patient with that - its just a fact of life. Everyone wants Mantle, Musial, Mays and autos of HOFers. Why wouldnt' we?

The base trades are tough for me for the a couple reasons. Trades under $20ish don't make sense to me just due to shipping. and my base cards I really don't have time to organize and dig out. I have thousands of cards in boxes (maybe 100000s) and really can't pull Rangers etc.

Just thought it was worth pointing out my mindset on some of these issues.

Patient! Its hard.....but we gotta try!

Collecting HOF Vint-Rooks-GU-autos + Musial and other Cardinals

Bucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/SchlueterLaw/

[Image: MusialCollageSmall.jpg]

I don't trade base for another reason: I am a wax junkie. I break between 1-3 boxes on Saturdays usually. Not as much lately due to travel, but usually.As a result, I simply don't want to trade for base cards because chances are I already have it or will have it soon. Also, I can buy a base card on Ebay for like... $2 shipped. For me, that is a whole lot easier and faster than searching through all my cards to find the specific ones another trader wants.

Honestly, I wish I knew what to do with all mine. I have probably 20k cards in boxes ranging from commons to superstars to inserts. Everything from $.50 commons to $5 inserts. I have no idea what to do with them! I wish I could find someone that would just give me like $.05 per card for all the leftovers of my box breaks. Ah.... that would be a dream come true!