`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When good hits go bad

When good hits go bad
My experience a few weeks ago with the 20 packs for $20 box at Walmart got the best of me again tonight

After ripping a handful of packs and landing a Ryan Braun rookie, Aroldis Chapman rookie, a Josh Thole '11 Heritage Chrome refractor, I turned my attention to the pack of '04 Fleer Greats of the Game. As I opened it I saw what I thought was a pack filler and thought nothing of it. As I got closer I saw there was writing on the back. I flipped it over and immediately wanted to vomit, knowing this was something I want, but can never have.

I can't get a hit to save my life from new stuff, but this one, this one has me considering never touching anything more than 2 years old again.

[Image: 4c798224.jpg]
Kepler

RE: When good hits go bad
Ouch...... I've never heard of redemptions in retail. I'm assuming its retail from Walmart....
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

It was one of those "value boxes" that have a mix of old retail and hobby packs. This is the second one I've done and this was the first noteworthy card and it makes me a little sick. As for retail overall, there are some redemptions out there - I got a Platinum Harvey auto last year, a Norris auto and a Norris blue auto this year. They're rare, but they're out there.
Kepler

The "Forever' part just rubs salt in the wound. Bummer!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I've decided to take my case to Twitter - hit up Upper Deck and Topps ... see if someone will take pity on me and give me a little something. BVs of $60, $80 and NA because of scarcity makes me sad. And the fact that it's Nolan makes me even more sad. Fingers crossed that someone takes pity on me somewhere. lol
Kepler

Those value boxes are pretty good if you have $40-$60 and 2-3 hours to just sit at home and rip open packs. Typically its several base set Topps products, a few 2008 UD baseball heroes and 2008 and 2009 UD X. Every so often you get a hit out of them. They are definitely good if you just feel like ripping packs open. Definitely bad if you ever want to see a return on the spent money.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Definitely saw some different stuff in there tonight. Not as much low-end UD stuff as usual. Got some Stadium Club and a lot more Topps. The other one was a lot of UD X and O-Pee-Chee.
Kepler

I dont know much about this redemption.. maybe you can help me out here.. is it for a baseball card with a little square of a jersey used by Ryan or is it for a full sized jersey/glove/hat etc... used by Ryan?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I'm assuming it's a card. There's 4 listed with print runs of 25, 49, 99 and 149. I hope that's what it is and not something even better than a card. That would probably be enough to make me hop back out of the hobby. lol
Kepler

Maybe you could mail it to Nolan Ryan and ask him to please sign it.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html