`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Question: 1999 Topps Traded.. $35?? (EDIT: THE RESULTS)

RE: Quick Question: 1999 Topps Traded.. $35??
(09-05-2012, 09:19 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Why would there be autos included in a set? Do you mean retail/hobby box? Maybe I'm off base...
they were inserted into sealed sets...to answer the question of why---clearly to mark the price/ value up.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(09-07-2012, 08:27 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: they were inserted into sealed sets...to answer the question of why---clearly to mark the price/ value up.
Didn't realize they included autos in sets like that. Cool, I guess, but I wouldn't want to paw through 660 cards to find the auto. I suppose they were set aside as a special insert at the end of the box?
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Quick Question: 1999 Topps Traded.. $35?? (EDIT: THE RESULTS)
In the USA team set from 2011 it was 60 cards and last card was auto.

This 1999 topps traded was annoying. Over 100 cards and not in numerical order
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(09-07-2012, 10:27 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Didn't realize they included autos in sets like that. Cool, I guess, but I wouldn't want to paw through 660 cards to find the auto. I suppose they were set aside as a special insert at the end of the box?
It was a traded set, so it was only 121 cards (I think).

(09-05-2012, 09:49 AM)stera8 Wrote: A website has the set of 1999 Topps Traded for $35...

The risk is that you get one auto per box..

If I hit a Sabathia...well PC and thats awesome..

if i hit a Josh Hamilton...well just check that BV.

but the odds are against me. Should I go for it?

so I got Chip Ambres.... go check the BV on that...

for those who dont have pricing... pretty much worse card you can get
That is brutal -I am sorry - I didn't know certified auto's booked that low
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I did the same thing and ended up with a first round pick that never panned out. $5 BV.

The part that REALLY hurts is I have been scoping out that 1999 Traded Hamilton auto all year waiting for a good deal on Ebay. (I have plenty of other high end Hamiltons but I really want that one!) I lost the last one at about $210 because I thought if I just kept waiting, I could get one under $200. Then.... the 4 HR game happened and he caught fire and I don't think I have seen one for less than $400 since. :-(

(09-05-2012, 09:49 AM)stera8 Wrote: A website has the set of 1999 Topps Traded for $35...

The risk is that you get one auto per box..

If I hit a Sabathia...well PC and thats awesome..

if i hit a Josh Hamilton...well just check that BV.

but the odds are against me. Should I go for it?

so I got Chip Ambres.... go check the BV on that...

for those who dont have pricing... pretty much worse card you can get
That is awful. You can buy one of those autos on COMC for 97 cents!

Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

(09-08-2012, 10:13 AM)jdberia Wrote: That is awful. You can buy one of those autos on COMC for 97 cents!
hahahha yeah but the regular cards of Hamilton, Dunn, Sabathia....and a few others add up to about the $35 I paid for the set so not all too bad lol
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(09-07-2012, 10:27 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Didn't realize they included autos in sets like that. Cool, I guess, but I wouldn't want to paw through 660 cards to find the auto. I suppose they were set aside as a special insert at the end of the box?
If u remember back in the 90's the traded sets that came out were what maybe 8-10 bucks at your local lcs. since the set is so small and the price is so low adding the value let them mark the price up to around 25-35 when they came out in 99. i think i spent 29.99 on mine, my auto was jason jennings which at the time i think i sold for $20 cause i believe he won roy that year. i kinda stayed away from those sets after that, getting a better name auto at the time and still not even paying for the set, not much value. all those people who pulled josh hamilton and sold him for 3-5 bones years back is probably kicking themselves now!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]