`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Good old Topps

RE: Good old Topps
(09-04-2012, 07:21 PM)biprobertsfan Wrote: ya topps is old company. they made tobacco cards in 1800's must have made alot of money then.

packs were missing autographs since then as wel , noone wanted to sue cause therye so big company
I don't even care if this user is an elaborate hoax or not. I just hope it continues.
Rainbow 
(09-05-2012, 11:50 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I had no idea about autos in 1800's...or packs for that matter, cards were inserted in the back of packs and tins of tobacco..
huh? it illegal to put colletor card in tobacco. why would they do that if they could go to jail for it? no smart and doesnt make sence to me. they konw what they are doin and things are wrong. back when cards were in packs autogrphas never made them and then people wont do suing cuz of the money factor. read the book card shark. all of it is in the bookshttp://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif

(09-06-2012, 11:08 PM)biprobertsfan Wrote: huh? it illegal to put colletor card in tobacco. why would they do that if they could go to jail for it? no smart and doesnt make sence to me. they konw what they are doin and things are wrong. back when cards were in packs autogrphas never made them and then people wont do suing cuz of the money factor. read the book card shark. all of it is in the bookshttp://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif
Wow!!! Now I understand completely...thanks for clearing that up!!

RE: Good old Topps (update)
Well, I got my replacement auto for the damaged Tom Milone replacement for the missing auto from my first box. What they sent me was (drum roll please) another Tom Milone auto. At least it wasn't damaged too. Plus I got it back in just over a week. While I would have rather gotten someone else, at least they were prompt with responses.

RE: Good old Topps (update)
(09-17-2012, 03:03 PM)cspen Wrote: Well, I got my replacement auto for the damaged Tom Milone replacement for the missing auto from my first box. What they sent me was (drum roll please) another Tom Milone auto. At least it wasn't damaged too. Plus I got it back in just over a week. While I would have rather gotten someone else, at least they were prompt with responses.
When you asked for a Harper, you really asked for a Tom Milone. Next time dont be so greedy...Topps is not going to put in a $150 card just because they have piles laying around.
[Image: braunsig.png]

I knew that they would never send me one but it didn't hurt to ask

(09-06-2012, 11:08 PM)biprobertsfan Wrote: huh? it illegal to put colletor card in tobacco. why would they do that if they could go to jail for it? no smart and doesnt make sence to me. they konw what they are doin and things are wrong. back when cards were in packs autogrphas never made them and then people wont do suing cuz of the money factor. read the book card shark. all of it is in the bookshttp://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif
Drugs are bad mmmmkkkaaaayyyyyy

(09-04-2012, 04:12 PM)cspen Wrote: I recently bought a hobby box of 2012 Topps Chrome. It was missing one auto, so I did all the steps to get it replaced. Today, I received the card in the mail. It took about ten days including the holiday weekend to get it. For that I give kudos to Topps. However, the card was damaged, so now I am sending it back to get a replacement for my replacement. I really can't complain much yet as this is really the first issue I have had with Topps, so I guess I will see how this plays out before I complain too much. I know it will never happen, but I asked for a Harper auto for all my troubles. I'll keep you all posted.
I'm bringing this back up cause I had the same thing happen to me. Missing hit from 2012 chrome, got a damaged Parmelee and now have to go through this all over again to most likely get another Parmelee that doesn't have the back peeling off. I asked the customer rep on the phone if it is protocol to send damaged cards first to see if the collector will keep them and then if they complain send them something clean. He flat out denied it.

[Image: beckettsig3_zps172d72ff.jpg]

(06-15-2013, 12:43 AM)clintorris Wrote: I'm bringing this back up cause I had the same thing happen to me. Missing hit from 2012 chrome, got a damaged Parmelee and now have to go through this all over again to most likely get another Parmelee that doesn't have the back peeling off. I asked the customer rep on the phone if it is protocol to send damaged cards first to see if the collector will keep them and then if they complain send them something clean. He flat out denied it.
That's awesome that you asked though!

RE: Good old Topps UPDATE
I got my replacement auto today. With my luck, it would have probably been in my box to begin with. That being said, the auto is Andrew Aplin. I recognize the name but not much else. Needles to say it is for trade if anybody is interested.