`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I may be getting scammed right now...SCANS

I think I may be getting scammed right now...SCANS
So in case this is just a misunderstanding, I don;t want to throw the person under the bus, but basically:
-guy posts card for sale
-I offer cash and trade
-we negotiate then he agrees
-I agree to paypal $100 plus mail cards
-I will paypal $, then we will both send cards with tracking on tuesday
-he gives me his paypal acct and I send money
-I ask him for address to mail cards he relpy's with "eating dinner will reach out tomorrow"
-I get suspicious and notice he has not traded before, is new to the site, and does not have an address on file so the card is not loaded into his org.

...I think this will be a $100 lesson unless he miraculously sends the card, or I get money back from paypal...

On a brighter note, I may have saved a handful of cards and now have them to trade with you fine people since I only sent money, not cards!!! Check scans below and send offers.

Jeter
Jeter and Mo
Jeter
Rare-ish Refractors

Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

RE: I think I may be getting scammed right now...SCANS
Shouldn't you wait and see before dealing the cards? Also PayPal is protected and you should have never avoided the system. Lots of errors here.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

YOU CAN CANCEL OUT THE PAYPAL, IF ITS STILL SITTING THERE IN HIS ACCOUNT. I HAD THAT HAPPEN ON A EBAY PURCHASE THAT THE SITE WAS HAVING ISSUES WITH. GOOD LUCK
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

Did you Paypal the funds as a gift or goods? If goods you can open a case.

I paid on paypal as "goods" so I can put in a claim if need be. I have heard from the other trader and he says he is shipping on tuesday and planned on getting my address off paypal (logical answer). I should have a confirm number by tuesday evening of something being sent to me.. I want the card bad enough I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see something different. This may just be a simple misunderstanding... which would make me very happy!
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

(09-02-2012, 10:14 PM)Point401 Wrote: I paid on paypal as "goods" so I can put in a claim if need be. I have heard from the other trader and he says he is shipping on tuesday and planned on getting my address off paypal (logical answer). I should have a confirm number by tuesday evening of something being sent to me.. I want the card bad enough I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see something different. This may just be a simple misunderstanding... which would make me very happy!

Yeah I'd bet it is. You seemed to have jumped quick on this one. Good luck!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I hope you don't get scammed, but since you did not follow Beckett trading procedure through the organize/trade system, you're on your own on this one. I'm sure your fellow traders are happy to know that if you are so unlucky as to get scammed that you won't be able to leave a well deserved neg for the user since there is no transaction recorded.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.