`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominating the last pack rule, twice in one shot!

Dominating the last pack rule, twice in one shot!
Howdy folks! I started my day off right, by going to the only place that I've ever seen where I can buy my morning coffee as well as packs of hobby hockey cards. I considered grabbing a scratch ticket and trying my luck, but previous attempts have left me somewhat hesitant to make that leap so early in the morning. Stepping up to the counter I spy something out of the corner of my eye in the glass display case-o-packs. Why, it's a single pack of SP Game Used just hanging out all by its lonesome, as I'm about to purchase my somewhat awful coffee. Do I dare? Yeah, I think I'll take that, and why not throw in the single pack of O-Pee-Chee left all by itself as well, leaving me with mere pennies left over from the two crisp twenties that I handed to the young lady at the counter. Two clear violations of the last pack rule, which is a HUGE rule in my book, thanks to my previous luck. I didn't have another O-Pee-Chee pack to compare the size of the pack, so I didn't see this one coming...

[Image: 11-12O-Pee-CheeTeamLogoPatchesNHL05-06to...rimary.jpg]

Hey, not bad! I've opened a couple boxes of O-Pee-Chee and not pulled any, but the last single pack that I opened landed me a Couturier Team Canada Signature, so the last pack rule works in my favor once again!

Now with the SP Game Used, I was skeptical. I have pulled a couple of nice cards this year, but most of the time I end up pulling a base card, a no-name RC and an Authentic Fabrics card of Dan Boyle or Tyler Bozak or something equally not-for-me. No offense to them, of course, but their cards honestly do little for my collection, and are marginal trade bait, at best. I was wrong, there was NO rookie card. Just four base cards and this almost-a-decoy...

[Image: SkinnerRedemption.jpg]

Luckily it has a few things written on it, like "Congratulations" and "redemption" and "Jeff Skinner." No complaints there.

Both are available, along with a bunch of other stuff that I've picked up over the last few weeks and added to the bucket but not actually posted about. Thanks for having a look!
-Chris
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

RE: Dominating the last pack rule, twice in one shot!
Not too shabby... good thing you have a coffee addiction that brought you into that store....Id say you fared prety well...CONGRATS!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Sweetness congrats
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Awesome pulls. Might tempt a lotto tix while buying the last pack. Oh and maybe forget the bad coffee.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

Haha, dude you've done it again, lady luck shines on your rule! Awesome pick ups man Smile
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Chris you are the king of the last pack. I have tried doing it several times but with not much luck. Congrats on the pulls.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Amazing pulls! Huge congrats, Chris! I would suggest switching to get better coffee, but you obvioulsy have the cards there. Conundrum for sure!

Randi

If only I had a place to satisfy both my hockey card and coffee addictions at once!
Primary PC: Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Connor Mcdavid, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Collecting All Oilers GU/Auto/SN cards

also building sets, needs found here http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1488853.html

thats was some good luck