`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Target error in my favor

Target error in my favor
Was in Target tonite with my family trying to find a NY Giants pillow pet for my daughter for her birthday. There was a huge line at checkout so I went and look at the cards while my wife stood online. I noticed the 2012 Topps Football "rack boxes?" (the ones usually $9.99) were on a peg hook that said $3.99. The tag said Sports Asst. Box. I took a few boxes up to check out and told the girl the tag said $3.99. After a brief talk with her supervisor and me showing him where they were I got 7 boxes for $3.99 each. Not bad, i'll take 60% off anyday!

RE: Target error in my favor
Nice score....I once got a whole fat pack (rack pack) box ....yes the whole box 18 packs for $9.99....love those target deals...lol
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Dont really consider those deals but just my opinion
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

[quote='onemanstanding' pid='2108869' dateline='1346383666']
[/q]

How so? The 2012 Topps football just came out a few weeks ago. The rack boxes retail $9.99 each. I got them $3.99 each. Seems like a deal to me, or am I missing something here?

What's even funnier is earlier today I had bought 4 of those boxes at another target, regular price, and I did amazing. These 7 boxes didn't fair well, decent cards, nothing crazy. Did get 1 SP so far, still sorting.

The 4 boxes I got earlier today I got

1 auto
1 sp
1 green Andrew Luck
1 base Luck rc
2 base Griffin rc

Funny how things are. Did better on the 4 than the 7. Go figure. Oh and I still don't have a complete set. Mind blown there.

It's targets mistake. If they aren't that bright and can't figure it out, then what is the problem? he is still paying for them, he isnt stealing them, or feeling them up for the hotpacks
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

Speaking of "feeling up"

Noticed something odd about these boxes from the ones earlier today.

The 7 I got tonite, non had the green or red target rookie exclusive cards.
The boxes have a sticker that say "Exclusive Topps 1957 Green-Bordered Rookie Cards Collect All 30". On the flip side if you peel that sticker the print on the box reads "Exclusive To Target Topps 1957 Red-Bordered Rookie Cards Collect All 15"

I'm going to give Topps a call tomorrow and see what's going on and if each box was suppose to have them. The 4 I bought earlier were in NJ the 7 tonite were in upstate NY.

Also on the back of the box, there are no odds for the green or red bordered 1957 style cards, which I don't get either. Hopefully Topps can bring some clarity to this issue.

UPDATE

Hanger boxes ending in a 9 had the 1957 Green or Red bordered cards in them. Boxes ending in a 1 do not.

(08-30-2012, 10:57 PM)lostdwarf Wrote: [quote='onemanstanding' pid='2108869' dateline='1346383666']
[/q]

How so? The 2012 Topps football just came out a few weeks ago. The rack boxes retail $9.99 each. I got them $3.99 each. Seems like a deal to me, or am I missing something here?
Quote" The tag said Sports Asst. Box"

Just because they were moved to the wrong hook doesnt make it their mistake, maybe someone was searching packs and moved them there. It would have been different if they rang up that price. Call it what you will but like I said just my opinion.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

Ill give you that as a valid point, but there was no where else they could have gone, no open holes, no other tags, and no shelf room below. That's why I called them out on it. It was the only spot they could have gone.

That argument could be used for a tv placed under the wrong tag.
My guess is they wanted you to get out of the line so they could start checking out the customers behind you.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]