`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Guys.. Russell Wilson is not Andrew Luck

RE: Guys.. Russell Wilson is not Andrew Luck
(08-30-2012, 08:05 PM)nthnoak Wrote: yeah but most rbs are incredibly tiny and they have the ball all the time and their all tanks. i really dont think size is much of an issue here. if hes accurate and can throw the ball, its not going to matter.
Size is a huge issue to overcome, he's not tall enough to see over his offensive linemen to see open receivers downfield so it will take longer for plays to develop for him which is why his mobility is so important. I hope the guy is successful, but he's still a longshot. Everything in preseason is real vanilla and more about timing than anything else so ignore everyone's numbers. They're absolutely meaningless, we will see who's were next weekend! He's no Andrew Luck though for sure, but other late round guys have been successful, ask Belichek if he's comfortable with his 6th round pick from 2000 right now
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

maybe bc wilson is having a really good pre season and looks like is gunna be the starter week 1...i agree i wouldnt pay %600 BV like the op said..give him a few weeks his prices will prolly come back down to earth..he has played very well this pre season

(09-01-2012, 08:26 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: actual performance? He started 1 game against starters and played 3 games against a mix of 1st-4th. He hasnt even played a real game yet
That statement goes the same for all of the rookie Qbs. It is just is just refreshing to see a value on a card that was earned and not given. RG3 and Luck's value was given to them based on draft position. Their value will be high regardless of their performance for a very long time. At least Russell Wilson earned what he has gotten so far, because his value started very low.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

Coachlew is 100% correct. I have over 26 Russelll Wilson autos, and I bought most of them for under $30. I watched the bay closely after each game he played the prices went up and up and up, his prices are directly related to his performance and that is refreshing. It's annoying that I can no longer afford my PC, but refreshing at the same time. His cards value wasn't inherited with a draft pick, it was earned through performance.

Also, as a Badger fan, those thinking Wilson is going to fail as QB in Seattle...this kid has never failed at ANYTHING. He's an amazing athlete, played pro baseball, and has excelled at the position of quarterback for 2 different collegiate teams and now for a professional team. His height is irrelevant, having played behind the largest offensive line in the country at Wisconsin. I always knew Russell would make it as a starter in the league, never thought it would happen this fast. I also feel very confident in saying that now that he's got the starting role, he aint going to let it go.

The same thing happened with Demarco Murray's card values last year.. There is usually one rookie that burst onto the scene and card values immediately spike. BV is meaningless. A good guide, but no where near accurate.

Like i said... He looked TERRIBLE today, as did our offensive line.
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

i should change this to "is no rg3" haha

Performance and draft position don't mean anything if no one wants to collect the player. Players don't "earn" BV, the market defines it. Demarco's values will be fine too, people just lost interest when he got hurt. They'll come back when/if he has a solid year again.

(09-09-2012, 11:50 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: Like i said... He looked TERRIBLE today, as did our offensive line.
At least he wasn't as bad as the other rc starters not RG3, I flipped between the Hawks game (for my vested interest in Wisconsin's Wilson) and my Packers. He could've been way worse like Weeden and Tannehill, and even Luck. At least he was able to get his team into posistion, albeit with a phantom TO.

Maybe you can remind Pete Carroll that this isn't the Pac 10 anymore.

All that aside I think Wilson will get better, as will Luck. Just be glad he's not like the other 2.
(09-02-2012, 03:29 AM)tperks76 Wrote: Size is a huge issue to overcome, he's not tall enough to see over his offensive linemen to see open receivers downfield so it will take longer for plays to develop for him which is why his mobility is so important. I hope the guy is successful, but he's still a longshot.
And can we stop this please! Wilson played behind the Wisconsin O-Line, the biggest O-Line in football the last few years, not the NCAA, but all of football. And he set all of the Badger passing records for a single season.

Compared to Ryan Tannehill, another week 1 rc starter, Wilson had 13 fewer batted balls in the 2011 college season. and Tannehill is much taller.

If you can play, you can play. Height isn't that important for a QB.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

To be fair for his first real game with this HORRID offensive line he actually wasnt that bad. The line on the other hand.. wow.. they were terrible.