Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Guys.. Russell Wilson is not Andrew Luck

RE: Guys.. Russell Wilson is not Andrew Luck
i luckily got my russell willson inscription 1/1 awhile ago for under 100$
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(08-30-2012, 08:05 PM)nthnoak Wrote: yeah but most rbs are incredibly tiny and they have the ball all the time and their all tanks. i really dont think size is much of an issue here. if hes accurate and can throw the ball, its not going to matter.
I think he's more concerned about injury potential ... even the tiny RBs are usually pretty compact and muscular so that they can take a hit, but it sounds like Wilson's just a slender, small dude.

I will say this — he played four full years of college ball and I don't think he had any big injuries (?) ... we'll see. I'm pulling for him.

I like Wilson, but its amazing how much is stuff is selling for being that in my opinion it seems that they are so many of his autos out on the market. You got so many rookie products out now they are so many Luck, RGII, and Wilson selling for big bucks. I learned years ago. I don't buy too many boxes and when I do and get a great hit. Sell it immediately if it is new product you can always get the same or similar card months later for a fraction of the cost unless its rare and an established player, superstar, future HOF, or HOF. They majority of the rookies card values done already hit their peak then you consider the many other cards produced down the road which will saturate the market. I usually look for late round gems, but by his team being so bad he forced to play very early in his career. In about a month, you will be able to get your Russell Wilson card at a more reasonable price. He is a good player, but he will struggle with the supporting cast he has surrounding him. Good Luck.

I Pulled these all out of 1 box, plus a base and a prestigious picks.
[Image: scan0001-2.jpg]
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

(08-31-2012, 07:59 PM)waltpeoples78 Wrote: I like Wilson, but its amazing how much is stuff is selling for being that in my opinion it seems that they are so many of his autos out on the market. You got so many rookie products out now they are so many Luck, RGII, and Wilson selling for big bucks. I learned years ago. I don't buy too many boxes and when I do and get a great hit. Sell it immediately if it is new product you can always get the same or similar card months later for a fraction of the cost unless its rare and an established player, superstar, future HOF, or HOF. They majority of the rookies card values done already hit their peak then you consider the many other cards produced down the road which will saturate the market. I usually look for late round gems, but by his team being so bad he forced to play very early in his career. In about a month, you will be able to get your Russell Wilson card at a more reasonable price. He is a good player, but he will struggle with the supporting cast he has surrounding him. Good Luck.
His team so bad? You obviously havent paid much attention to seattle.. I like that we fly under the radar but comments like that always get me. Pete and John are building something special here
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

(08-30-2012, 04:43 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: A little inflation is fine but when all of his stuff is going for 300% BV its insane. I have never seen inflation like this before.
I guess you missed out on Linsanity

Always looking for more Dodgers, Raiders, Kobe, and USC Trojans.

(08-30-2012, 04:43 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: Dont get me wrong i think Wilson has looked great. I even got to chat with him at one of the seahawks practices (holy crap he is tiny). But its making it nearly impossible for guys like me to get a decent card. People see these idiots asking 8 million dollars and automatically raise their price.

A little inflation is fine but when all of his stuff is going for 300% BV its insane. I have never seen inflation like this before.
But those values were also all based off a previously under the radar nobody qb. Now all his cards are selling based off what he has done in the preseason. He isn't a nobody anymore. He got the starting job. This happens all the time. Look what Matt flynns cards did based off one game! At least Wilson did it every week so far.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

He isn't Luck, he is better and his cards are currently going for what they should in relation to other RC QBs named Luck and RGIII. He is one of the few current cards that are valued correctly due to on the field play and not draft position. I wish all cards were valued based on actual performance and not hype.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

actual performance? He started 1 game against starters and played 3 games against a mix of 1st-4th. He hasnt even played a real game yet
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

and neither has luck or rg3. but wilson has shown consistency and made a ton happen for the short times he was out there. he might be legit, he might not. but so far, he has been better than anybody else so why shouldnt he have high prices? thats what i think anyway. i understand your upset because youd probably like to buy his cards but cant, but thats the way the cookie crumbles. his stuff will fall for sure as more products come out, but i definitely think everythings legit so far.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/