`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A's Vs Indians, Archives break and a very lucky hit!

A's Vs Indians, Archives break and a very lucky hit!
I meant to post this break a week ago but I got pretty busy. Anyways better late than never.
My dad and I have developed a new tradition for trying to catch as many Indian's Vs A's games in Oakland. Since I only live 15 minutes away from the Coliseum We got tickets to all three games. He's a huge Indians fan since his childhood growing up just east of Cleveland and passed some of that down to me. Since I grew up in Nor Cal I became more of a Giants and A's fan but would still follow the Indians any chance I could get.
Before heading off to the first game Friday night we made a stop by my LCS and decided to rip a few remaining packs of Archives out of a hobby box. My dad's not a big card collector but I definitely got my "collecting gene" from him. After splitting the packs between one another I managed to get a hit:

Photobucket

Not bad but not necessarily what I was looking for. I was also hoping my dad would get the auto hits perhaps letting him understand how fun it is to break a box. So when my LCS put out a fresh hobby box of Archives we couldn't resist right?
Luck wasn't on our side because we got half-way through the box before I hit this auto:

Photobucket

Again not really what I was looking for and again I was frustrated that I kept hitting the auto and not my dad. So we kept going. Splitting the packs as we went. I took the left side he took the right. Again nothing. We really had to work for this box. So there it was... The last 4 packs layering the bottom of the box perfectly. How often is the auto at the very bottom?! So now it was down to 2 pack each. And Mike (the owner of my LCS) made a suggestion. Who ever gets the last auto hit gets treated to the first beer at the game later that night. It was on!

We both open the first of the last 2 packs and still get nothing... Now the last pack each. Of course me being the experienced one at pack ripping I opened my pack first and just a random insert! So there it was. The last pack in my dads hand. As he slowly opened it and casually revealed his hand, I immediately noticed it. The black canvas of a redemption card...
I could not believe it. As he singled out the card. There it was...

Photobucket

WTH!? Why couldn't I be so lucky! I obliviously congratulated him on an awesome hit with the first beer beer at the game.

RE: A's Vs Indians, Archives break and a very lucky hit!
I love that story and so happy that your old man got the best hit of the night. That's an amazing pull, you should have to buy him every beer at every game for pulling that kind of hit, ha.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

Awesome! You ever think they give you not so great autos to surprise you with one AMAZING one?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Great story and awesome hit! My dad got me into collecting too. He has since passed away but seeing this story reminds of the great times we had thanks!

Oh wow............too cool dude!!
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

that is an awesome story and a VERY AWESOME GREAT OUTSTANDING hit.If you ever decide to trade that card plz let me know.And congrats again.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

very cool story! thats awesome your dad pulled the griffey jr auto redemption..awesome hit!! living 15mins away from a stadium must be sweet!