`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1984 Nestle B/W Don Mattingley Know anything about it????

1984 Nestle B/W Don Mattingley Know anything about it????
I have a 1984 Don Mattingly Nestle. But it is Black and White?? No not see it in Beckett Org. But the card looks liget. and when I was a Kid I think, I rember Trading or wanting to trade for this card.
None the less I have one now and I think it is cool. Mattingly was my fav player growing up. Could never afford his Donruss RC. But now have 2 Smile

If anyone has any info on card. Is it real, is it more rare then the coler Nestle. and how Much is it worth??? And anyone still love Mattingley cards? If it is worth something. And you want to trade for it. I will take offers. Or tell me what Book is to you in trade?. If it is worth less the The reglure Nestle then I will just keep it.

Thanks for looking any info will help!

RE: 1984 Nestle B/W Don Mattingley Know anything about it????
Going by the Standard Catalog, you have the 1984 Nestle Don Mattingly Proof/Test. From their catalog:

"This fantasy card has been frequently encountered in the market since the days of Mattingly's dominance in the baseball card world in the late 1980s. The card is seen in several variations, always in black and white with a blank back. Some versions of this unauthorized collectors issue carry notations of proof- or test-card status on front and/or back."

I'd love a scan if you have one just to see it. The bold is the reason why it's not going to have a "book value" assigned to it.

wish i knew how to work scaner. I bought a New Printer just fr scaner and dont know how to work it. I did see some on ebay proof blank back. And mine has stats on back. Do you think it is counterfite??

No problem, after I typed that I went and checked it out and did see a couple past and current listings. If I'm only going on that description, I would say it might be a counterfeit but honestly, this is the first I've even heard of this version so I can't help beyond that.

Good luck though!

Hay any info is a help.

Is this the card you are talking about?

[Image: EPSON348.jpg]

[Image: EPSON349.jpg]
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

yes What do you know about it?

I know that I want one, even if it is unauthorized......I've got a different one. Also B&W, but has a pic of him batting and says test proof on it.
[Image: banner.png]

*Mattingly PC Featured in BSCM Dec. 2011

Split Household

Yankees-Mattingly
NY Giants- Manning, Beckham, Cruz, Pierre-Paul

Rays- Kiermaier, Longoria, Souza
Cowboys - Aikman

Know I couldnt find it on beckett outside of that not much.

Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb