`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a recommended box break

Looking for a recommended box break
Hello all. I've opened a couple of boxes so far this year (Topps 1, Topps 2 and Chrome) and am looking for what product people have loved so far in 2012 and would recommend as a great box break. Anyone have any suggestions? Looking for something around or under $100 (so no crazy pricy products) with a good balance of RC and AUTO's. Thanks for your help in advance

RE: Looking for a recommended box break
2012 Allen and Ginter is the way to go!

Heritage, Gypsy Queen, and Archives have been my favorite breaks so far this year. Allen and Ginter wasn't bad either.

Heritage can be had for 50 bucks a box right now on Blowout.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I would say to go and watch some Youtube breaks. You will likely get different answers all around. I personally would vote for Chrome or Bowman Platinum. Depends on what you like though. For instance, I will never buy an A&G pack, let alone boxes. The non-baseball cards in there drive me crazy. So here's my advice:

1- Watch youtube breaks and see what you like.
2- Bowman Platinum if you like prospects, Chrome if you don't.

Archives is a fun break as is Allen & Ginter. Bowman Platinum I have had fun with as well

For the money I would go with Ginter. I always have good luck with that product and its always a fun break. Gypsy queen is also a good buy.

I would go #1. Bowman Plat #2 Topps Archives I would aviod Ginter because there are just too many non baseball cards in those packs. But if you dont mind all the gimmic cards and you would rather have a "Balloon Boy" relic then Matt Kemp relic then go with Ginter
Always looking for more Dodgers, Raiders, Kobe, and USC Trojans.

Year in and year out your best investment in Bowman and or Bowman Chrome which wont be out until November. 2012 Bowman gives you rookies, stars and prospects with the shot of pulling a high dollar prospect autograph or rookie autograph. You can prob find a 24 pack hobby box now in card stores for $79..maybe cheaper online. But that is what I recommend.

I've busted finest, heritage, 3x a&g, and 2xgypsy as a return collector.

I liked gypsy the best. The no guaranteed auto in a & g pisses me off lol.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

If you want autos, avoid Ginter! You'll be lucky to get one auto in a box. If you want rookies and autos you'll want a Bowman product or Topps Chrome. Personally I'd recommend regular Bowman. It was great this year. I think the price has gone up a bit since release but nothing compared to the previous 2 years. I know you said around 100 bucks, but I'd spend extra and get a jumbo box. You get at least 3 autos per box, I bought two boxes, pulled a black auto which is gorgeous, and also a Nelson Cruz buyback auto which was an extra hit. A hobby box is around 80 bucks but only one auto per box. Platinum might be good for you but at 140 bucks per box I'd spend the extra 40 on a Bowman Jumbo.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!