`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodgers epic trade.

RE: Dodgers epic trade.
Apparently everyone forgot that Beckett is a 3 time All Star who had a 2.89 era just last year, and Crawford is a 4 time All Star has hit over .300 5 times, and steals tons of bases. Oh, and Adrian Gonzalez is one of the best hitters in the league. The Red Sox got a below-average first baseman and some prospects. Unless every one of those prospects turns out great, this is hugely in favor of the Dodgers. And we don't even know how much money the Red Sox sent to LA, either, which I wouldn't be surprised if it was a large amount. This is the current Red Sox front office trying to pretend like their current woes are all the previous administration's fault, when in reality the previous GM and manager should never have been ousted in the first place, and then more mistakes were made with the hiring of a manager that didn't fit the team, and more bad luck with injuries. The Dodgers got 3 stars for some prospects. This is possibly the most lopsided trade in baseball history...
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the players that were placed on waivers are the guys who had major beef with Valentine.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(08-26-2012, 03:29 PM)dlcarst Wrote: Apparently everyone forgot that Beckett is a 3 time All Star who had a 2.89 era just last year, and Crawford is a 4 time All Star has hit over .300 5 times, and steals tons of bases. Oh, and Adrian Gonzalez is one of the best hitters in the league. The Red Sox got a below-average first baseman and some prospects. Unless every one of those prospects turns out great, this is hugely in favor of the Dodgers. And we don't even know how much money the Red Sox sent to LA, either, which I wouldn't be surprised if it was a large amount. This is the current Red Sox front office trying to pretend like their current woes are all the previous administration's fault, when in reality the previous GM and manager should never have been ousted in the first place, and then more mistakes were made with the hiring of a manager that didn't fit the team, and more bad luck with injuries. The Dodgers got 3 stars for some prospects. This is possibly the most lopsided trade in baseball history...

you completely misunderstand the nature of this trade

Apparently so do the Dodgers.

I know what Cherington says the "nature of the trade" is, that doesn't mean he's right. The Red Sox traded away three players that just last year they thought were great. But that was under a different GM and manager, so suddenly Crawford is the worst contract ever and Beckett is crap (gasp, he had beer in the clubhouse, which is not abnormal around baseball), and Gonzalez is just making too much money. Newsflash: The Red Sox are not worried about money. This is not a salary dump, this is a dump of the big players of the Epstein era (including Youkilis) so Cherington can start over new. The Red Sox ownership panicked after the collapse, made a snap decision to get rid of the people who brought them 2 world series, and hired a manager who everyone knew the players wouldn't get along with. Instead of getting rid of the manager and getting someone who will work well with the immense amount of talent they had, they dumped 4 star players who don't get along with the manager. It's no coincidence that Youkilis has been back to his old self after leaving, and Gonzalez will no doubt be great in LA, Beckett should be at least a great #3 starter (if not better), and I wouldn't be surprised to see Crawford more like his old self next year. They could have replaced the manager and had these guys next year, but instead they're taking a gamble on some prospects. The chances that one of these prospects turns out to be as good as Beckett, Crawford, or Gonzalez is small, and the chances that Boston signs a couple players in the off-season good enough to be sufficient replacements is small as well. This is an incredible deal for the Dodgers.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Moving those contracts all in one shot was the deal of the century for the Red Sox. You fail to see that Beckett is a clubhouse cancer and gives up alot of home runs in the AL along with just no work effort. Crawford never fit and then got hurt..terrible contract based on the fact the FA list was thin driving his value beyond what it would have been. AGon will be a big loss over time but his numbers were better in the NL than with the Sox so maybe he's just more of a west coast NL player. Either way Loney will be gone end of the season and the luxury tax won't be wasted on hurt and aging talent. The only way this deal could have been sweeter is if they could have packaged Lackey in it too.. Now as long as they don't resign Jacoby and hopefully deal him for a couple prospects I'll feel like they've really made a step in the right direction.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

well looking at becketts stats from this year, all he really needed was an offense to put up more then 2 runs a game lol . of course there are two or three games where he blew up...but then again losing 7-1 and 4-1 could mean unless he's putting up back to back shut outs yall werent going to win those games regardless. before august(he's had a terrible august) he only gave up 9 home runs, 5 of which in his first start! 13 games without even giving up a homerun. he's having a crappy month but that doesnt make him a horrible excuss of a pitcher. and to be honest looking at the games he's pitched he usually doesnt get more then 1-2 run support. i think he's going to do better, alot better, in LA he knows he's going to get run support and they're playing for the play-offs your making josh beckett sound like scott feldman or something lmao. but whatever Smile niether team is my team and i find it funny most people think the red sox won on this trade lmao.
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

I think this is exactly what the Red Sox needed to get the albatross of last year's collapse off their backs and all of the negative press about what went on in the clubhouse. They were not going to fire the manager that they brought in to turn the clubhouse around from the antics of last year and years past (remember all of the Manny Ramirez crap) just because some baby players didn't want the change. Crawford was a horrible contract based on his performance and Beckett seems to have lost his way most games. Whether that is under-performing for a manager he doesn't like because Beckett was forced to change (just like Youk), who knows. The only thing in the trade hurting the Sox, in my opinion, is losing A Gon.

The Dodgers new management is showing that they are serious about winning and that is great for them.

Now I wish the Yankees could find some sucker team to take A-Rod and Teixeira!

(08-27-2012, 05:55 AM)fulltritty Wrote: Beckett seems to have lost his way most games. Whether that is under-performing for a manager he doesn't like because Beckett was forced to change (just like Youk), who knows. The only thing in the trade hurting the Sox, in my opinion, is losing A Gon.
2 quicj things:

beckett is an every other year pitcher, a latter day bret saberhagen. (i wrote a couple articles on my old blog about it:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...ii-or.html

but also: beckett is a thrower, not a pitcher. and now that he is getting older, and doesnt have his best stuff any more, he either has to learn how to pitch like schilling did, or he wont be effective pitcher. problem with this: beckett is stubborn, and unlike his wife, he aint a rocket scientist (literally: dumb jock married a space-engineering consultant)

also: for 21 million a year agon wasnt coming close to the contract he signed, and there was another 7 years on that thing. he wasnt going to put up manny numbers, he wasnt a leader in the clubhouse as expected, he didnt fit into the atmosphere of baseball frenzy that is prevelant in this city. he's a west coast guy...he'll do well in socal (and he's the dodger's marketing dream - mexican-american, family guy, quiet)

I think Beckett has a few more 11-13 win seasons in him and will pretty much follow the Brad Penny career trajectory from there. He's a 3 or 4 starter on most teams, but not a $17-20 million player by any measure, nor will he ever be.

I like Carl Crawford and think he'll bounce back, but he won't be the same player he was in Tampa. If he gets healthy he'll consistently bat .285 with 15 HR, 65 RBI, 100 runs and 20-25 steals. I don't see a lot of All-Star appearances or trophies in his future though.

I really like Adrian Gonzalez and think he'll continue to be a solid player for the duration of his contract. He's no stranger to the AL West and will likely live up to projections.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Dodgers took the bait. Hook, line, and sinker. We had to get rid of the dead weight. It's not all of it, but its a start.
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*