`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie cards or not?

Rookie cards or not?
I was wondering if the cards of last years rookies in the new 2012/13 hoops are considered rookie cards, extended rookie cards or what? Does anyone else know?
[Image: SportsPictures-1-1.jpg]

RE: Rookie cards or not?
Just checked the database and beckett is classifying them as RC's.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Thank you. I don't know why I didn't think to check that myself. I guess that's what happens after working a 70 hour week... lol.
[Image: SportsPictures-1-1.jpg]

I've heard that... lol. I just looked up 2012-13 Hoops Kyrie irving and it came up with RC next to his name for the base card. Likely be the same with most everything this year for 2011-12 RC's. Hey we got a multi dose of RC's with 1986-87 fleer, so why not?

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

A players RC is any base cards produced in the same year as first base card-- no inserts. So a player could be in the league for 5 years before he has a card(s) and it would be a rookie card.

(08-25-2012, 09:48 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: A players RC is any base cards produced in the same year as first base card-- no inserts. So a player could be in the league for 5 years before he has a card(s) and it would be a rookie card.
Or a company can put multiple sets out with multiple base cards to achieve multiple RCs for multiple players and, thus, manipulate the prices in the open market. I am thinking of Topps baseball here, but it applies everywhere.

This is show players have more than one "rookie" card, by definition, even if they come from the same parent company.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Good Question, but is the 2011-12 SP Authentic card consider rookie card instead?