`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Anything Best 2009-10 SP Authentic?

RE: Can Anything Beat 2009-10 SP Authentic?
Tuukka Rask's SP Authentic rookie also goes for a lot more than it should. It was also a redemption that nobody thought would be filled; however, they've been appearing every now & then.

(08-25-2012, 07:21 PM)phildo37 Wrote: I'll give you my rankings (based on auto's only.. not non-auto FW's)

1. 06-07
2. 11-12
3. 05-06
4. 07-08
5. 08-09
6. 03-04
7. 09-10
8. 01-02
9. 02-03
10. 10-11
Interesting...each year sort of gets better and better for you, with a few exceptions of course. And since you started collecting pre-SP Authentic, you're not hysterical about new products as newbie collectors are (me).

Let's see...we agree that 06-07's nice...and that 10-11 is an epic fail. Though you have 09-10 under 03-04? Ouch. : ) I'll admit I've never seen an 01-02 or 02-03 in person, so maybe my rank was skewed by the newness of the cards and the fact that I want em but can't have em.

I'll also admit I having a little 09-10 bias because that was the first season of new product since I started collecting.

(08-25-2012, 05:11 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: The whole thing Smile im doing it with a few others as well, but some are easier to work than others. Or with budget as it is, im just doing the inserts for now, and worry about SP's and Autos etc later.
Wow that's ambitious. Well definitely update us on your progress. I'd like to see this one evolve.

(08-26-2012, 01:42 PM)azicet Wrote: Tuukka Rask's SP Authentic rookie also goes for a lot more than it should. It was also a redemption that nobody thought would be filled; however, they've been appearing every now & then.
Yeah it's a really nice looking card...and he's actually a good player too. This will likely be the closest I'll come to that one for awhile:

[Image: th_RaskOPCP.jpg]
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(08-27-2012, 04:25 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Interesting...each year sort of gets better and better for you, with a few exceptions of course. And since you started collecting pre-SP Authentic, you're not hysterical about new products as newbie collectors are (me).

Let's see...we agree that 06-07's nice...and that 10-11 is an epic fail. Though you have 09-10 under 03-04? Ouch. : ) I'll admit I've never seen an 01-02 or 02-03 in person, so maybe my rank was skewed by the newness of the cards and the fact that I want em but can't have em.

I'll also admit I having a little 09-10 bias because that was the first season of new product since I started collecting.
With a product like that, less is more, in my opinion, so I like the cleaner look of 06-07 and 11-12.. although, in fairness, I did have to agonize a bit over it, because nothing popped out to me as a clear cut #1.

That's why, for me (not to shift gears too much), 09-10 is the best overall year of The Cup - very nice and clean (although 05-06 Honorable/Noble Numbers and 07-08 RC's are better)

Personally, 09-10 is a little too busy. my #5-7 can be interchangeable though. Go on ebay to look at 01-02 and 02-03.. they're hideous. Maybe they get points for being the first couple SPA sets with Auto RC's, and the big names in 01-02 and 02-03

[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

This topic has taken off pretty decently! Great thread, Al! I finally have something to offer to the list, and I must say that it is a very nice set indeed. I don't have any of the FW RC's, but I do have this little beauty:

2009-10 SP Authentic Prestigious Pairings-Steven Stamkos/Derek Brassard #60/100

[Image: HockeyCards003.jpg]

It's a nice card, but still a bit busy. Oh well... it's my first Stammer Auto! Haha! It's available for anything PC (only, sorry) if anyone would like a crack!

Randi

(08-30-2012, 08:50 AM)rayeates Wrote: I don't have any of the FW RC's, but I do have this little beauty:

2009-10 SP Authentic Prestigious Pairings-Steven Stamkos/Derek Brassard #60/100

It's a nice card, but still a bit busy. Oh well... it's my first Stammer Auto!
Yeah I'm with you there...I think the card's a mess. However, there will be a Stammer collector out there with a sick Halak who doesn't think so! ; )

As nice as MOD, Chiro, FW, Immortal Inks, and SOTT3+ looked, Rookie Review, Prestigious Pairings, SOTT and SOTT Duals were pretty dreadful.
(08-27-2012, 05:56 PM)phildo37 Wrote: With a product like that, less is more, in my opinion, so I like the cleaner look of 06-07 and 11-12.. although, in fairness, I did have to agonize a bit over it, because nothing popped out to me as a clear cut #1.

That's why, for me (not to shift gears too much), 09-10 is the best overall year of The Cup - very nice and clean (although 05-06 Honorable/Noble Numbers and 07-08 RC's are better)

Personally, 09-10 is a little too busy. my #5-7 can be interchangeable though. Go on ebay to look at 01-02 and 02-03.. they're hideous. Maybe they get points for being the first couple SPA sets with Auto RC's, and the big names in 01-02 and 02-03
Interesting, I really disliked 09-10 Cup at first glance, and then the minimalism grew on me, but I went back to not liking it. Not a big fan any Cup designs actually, except maybe 08-09. Less is more...agreed.

09-10 is the first SPA set that hadn't already been released by the time I started collecting so I only have 3 releases of SPA where I had that sense of anticipation...looking up mock-ups, watching breaks online, etc. I'm definitely biased but the first SPA box I cracked was 07-08 and though 11-12 at first glance, I want to see how well it ages.

That's why a pre-SPA collector's opinion is particularly interesting to me.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(08-31-2012, 07:45 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Interesting, I really disliked 09-10 Cup at first glance, and then the minimalism grew on me, but I went back to not liking it. Not a big fan any Cup designs actually, except maybe 08-09. Less is more...agreed.

09-10 is the first SPA set that hadn't already been released by the time I started collecting so I only have 3 releases of SPA where I had that sense of anticipation...looking up mock-ups, watching breaks online, etc. I'm definitely biased but the first SPA box I cracked was 07-08 and though 11-12 at first glance, I want to see how well it ages.

That's why a pre-SPA collector's opinion is particularly interesting to me.
The beauty of it is that you can't go wrong with SPA. FW and YG are two sets that I do religiously... they hold their value spectacularly well, and are great designs usually. Those are the only two sets I'll do of UD's no matter what... don't care how many redemptions, or how many times the release is pushed back, or how much the box costs, or how many RC's are in there, or who they include or omit... doesn't matter at all to me, I'm doing the set

[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)