`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- UFC 151 Cancelled

RE: OT- UFC 151 Cancelled
Yes, I agree....definitely worth discussing and there are no concrete musts here. I just never really expected that from Jones. Then again, I had missed all the comments he had made in regards to Machida last week. I have to admit, Rashad's description of Jones is coming more and more true every time something happens with him. GREAT TALENT....very cool guy on the way up, but being on top is making things a little weird for him.

Didnt Jones last week say he didnt want to fight Machida again because of the PPV buys? I dont think there is a fight out there for Jones (other than a SuperFight) that would have more sales than Sonnen. Could you imagine the amount of "smack" Sonnen would smash into the next 7 days. I would definately buy a Sonnen v. Jones PPV i was on the fence with Jones v. Hendo. Why do the fighters have any say in who they are fighting....last time i checked UFC/Zuffa writes the checks. You dont see the Yankees refusing to play Cleveland or the Heat refusing to play Bobcats because they are "below" them. Seriously if Sonnen won this fight does Jones not think he would get an immediate re-match. He is basically crushing any chance of being accepted by the hardcore mma fans......he is even making Brock Lesnar look like a fan favorite right now.

I agree on the instant rematch.....Dana is trashing him and Greg Jackson right now. Dana did say that he has no choice, he is fighting Machida again on Sept 22nd, and if he says no then there will be another Press Conference ASAP that will be bigger than the one today....LOL. I thin Jones is thinking of his legacy, and being 100% prepared for a fight is an admirable thing.....but at the same time, most guys don't make it to fights at 100% anyway. Jones is a legit guy, and is a force. That being said, if he loses to Machida on the 22nd I think his entire UFC career changes immediately.

I do agree with Dana White that Greg Jackson is ruining the sport. His camp is where the majority of the "i wont fight him" or "id rather not fight if i have to fight my brother" At least Rashad Evans made it out of there and will now actually fight. Remember when Clay Guida would fight anyone, anywhere, anytime and now hes in Jacksons camp and has been ruined as a fighter. I only hope if Machida wins that Dana makes Jones win 3 fights to get back into the title picture and not give him an instant rematch.

(08-23-2012, 03:23 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: once again i see what u are saying and almost agree but sorry it has to be about yourself and not the sport. u think dana cares about each fighter? lol he only cares when u are at the top. i like the new card actually. go look at it. the original card was crap really. i am tired of having mediocre ppv events so i am good with it. jones owes no one anything including fans.
i agree dana white doesnt care at all. I think the UFC is starting to lose some of its viewers more each year. i remember years ago I never missed a ultimate fighter episode and caught most ppv's at BW3's which was a madhouse everytime. Now they dont even get a huge crowd anymore, i think people are getting sick of the mediocre events and trying to be like the wwe and having one every 4 weeks, it is too much. On a side note Did anyone on here acutally watch TUF this year??? was it any good? the last few have been weak
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I watched the US TUF this year, but not the one from Brazil. I think that it is so much larger, from a roster and weight class persepctive, now then it was back then. I don't buy every PPV any more, and don't watch most of the TUF series either. But I do watch the UFC Tonight and the other stuff that they have on Fuel. I do miss the Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, GSP, Couture, Chuck, and basically the veterans days.....those cards always had a buzz.That being said, when you see Rory MacDonald, Chris Weidman, Alan Belcher, Jones, and all of these young guys and the level they get too so quickly it makes it more of a deeper pool. I do miss those "I know everyone on this card and it is loaded" days though!
Man oh man, things keep changing. Machida not accepting the fight for 22nd, so now Vitor Belfort vs Jones at UFC 152, Sept 22nd. If I were Dana, unless he is injured, Machida just went to the back of the line as well. Sonnen, Anderson Silva, and Weidman all offered to fight to save UFC 151. Anderson would have fought someone besides Jones though.......but at least he offered up his services to save the event....gained even more respect for that guy for that!

dana was cracking me up during the conference call. i agree with alot of what he said about jackson. it really seems like he is game planning for his guys to not lose instead of win(exciting guys like condit/gsp/guida). i really think jones would run through chael(and i'm a big sonnen fan). i really dont see why chael would get the fight on 8 days notice but not on the 22nd. jones has a big head right now and its obvious hes not mature enough to handle his quick rise to fame.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

i still dont see why everyone is bashing jones. guys u would really have taken the fight if you were in his shoes?? come on. chael fights southpaw so dont tell me he is like hendo. he is totally different and much stronger and at this point a better wrestler than hendo.

so jones actually takes a a few hours to think rather than just give into dana and we kill the guy. i really dont get the jones hating all of a sudden. and yea why can chael only fight him on 3 days (its not 8 days guys cuz training basically stops the last week with event interviews and etc they have to do the last days) and not on sept 22 which is still only like 18 days or so more after sept 1?

also why is no one bashing machida yet? i dont think anyone should but your arguments seem similar-if he wants a title he was offered it! lol
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

How can Machida turn down a shot at the title?? I thought that is what he wanted so badly...now that makes less sense then Bones turning down Chael...

Guys would kill for a title shot...wow..
[Image: arod.gif]

thank you arod!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1