`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone else feel my pain?

Anyone else feel my pain?
I dont understand why card companies cant produce some new Jason Taylor cards. In 2009 he had only 9 cards made. 3 jersey cards (1 w/ Peppers) and 6 parallels. In 2010 it was worse. Only 4 cards all in Jets uni w/Tom Brady. Talking about a depressing year. 2011 and so far in 2012 no new cards have been produced. I have nothing new to chase. No booklets. No autos. No nothing.

To put things into perspective Bilal Powell has already had more cards produced in his first 2 years than Jason Taylor did in his 15 year career. Just sucks IMO. Even Topps did not have a base card made of JT last year. They make a base card of everyone!!!

***Does anyone else here collect a player who doesnt get any love by card companies?***

How many years has it been since a new card has been produced of your guy?

On a side note its not like Jason Taylor was some bum who couldnt play. He is 7th all time in sacks, made multiple pro bowls, DPOY in 2006 and should be in Canton within the next decade. So again I ask where is the love by the card companies???

Sorry for the rant.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Anyone else feel my pain?
Yes. All of them. LOL. It's nice to see Ron Dayne getting some college love from UD recently, but so many of the Wisco guys don't last in the NFL anyway. But I think Lee Evans is done. Plus, I'd love to see at least one card of O'Brien Schofield and Jonathan Casillas--guys who have been starting for their respective teams for a year or more and have nothing, not even Score.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Yep I know your pain. The only stuff that comes out lately is Eddie George. But most of them are Autos that are going for crazy money and Gu with that loser Chris Johnson. Which I don't get cause Chris Johnson is nothing like Eddie George
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

topps made some new vontae davis cards this year for me Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(08-21-2012, 03:19 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Yes. All of them. LOL. It's nice to see Ron Dayne getting some college love from UD recently, but so many of the Wisco guys don't last in the NFL anyway. But I think Lee Evans is done. Plus, I'd love to see at least one card of O'Brien Schofield and Jonathan Casillas--guys who have been starting for their respective teams for a year or more and have nothing, not even Score.
They still produce Ron Dayne cards??? Whats the world coming to??? lol. As for Lee Evans he has a ton of cards produced which should keep you busy for awhile. lmao. Not too mention Russell Wilson is going to have a ton of cards as well. Dont forget about Chambers!!!
(08-21-2012, 03:54 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Yep I know your pain. The only stuff that comes out lately is Eddie George. But most of them are Autos that are going for crazy money and Gu with that loser Chris Johnson. Which I don't get cause Chris Johnson is nothing like Eddie George
They still producing Chris Henry cards?
(08-21-2012, 04:11 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: topps made some new vontae davis cards this year for me Smile
Vontae has a little more than 300 cards produced so you better hope they produce more otherwise you are going to be in my boat soon. lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

[quote='bakerman8419' pid='2101691' dateline='1345646584']

They still produce Ron Dayne cards??? Whats the world coming to??? lol. As for Lee Evans he has a ton of cards produced which should keep you busy for awhile. lmao. Not too mention Russell Wilson is going to have a ton of cards as well. Dont forget about Chambers!!!

Chambers does seem to have some really nice patches out there from time to time...

And Dayne? C'mon. the NCAA's ALL-TIME leading rusher? Respect. Respect. lol. Yeah, there's still lots of Evans to find, but the really nice ones are getting to be few and far between. (though I did just find two different #/5 autos I'd never even seen before)

Also, check your PM from me. Smile
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

From 2010 till now there have been 38 DRC cards, only two of them autos. Not a single one from this year yet.

Jim Leonhard only has 18 and aside from injuries the past two years has been a solid performer on some good teams for the past 4 seasons. 2 of those 18 were Wisconsin Badgers cards that were given out at games in 2003 and 2004. 12 of the remaining 16 are from his rookie year of 2005. Thank god he got in Leaf Rookies & Stars which has 11 different versions of the same card or there would be almost nothing to collect.

The remaining 4 are as follows: 2 base from 2010 & 2011 Panini Adrenalyn and 2 Autos from 2009 SP Signatures. One is with William Moore and #'ed /50, the other is an Eight Signature #'ed /8 that I have never actually seen. He doesn't have a single Topps product. Sad

As a result, I have gotten some custom McFarlane's and made a custom card with a few more in the works. Will probably also do some 8x10s and try to get those signed. Was thinking of trying to get a game used item or two, but right now I can't quite afford the $800 for the jersey or $1,300 for the helmet listed on eBay.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

That's why I wish there was still a product such as Topps Total or something, with really deep rosters ... as a Lions fan, I love Stafford, Johnson and Suh and all, but they're in every set.

I would love a product where you could get each team's starters at least, including O-line, secondary, etc. ... Chris Houston played really well last year and to my knowledge didn't have a single card, I'm glad Topps got him in this year ...

(08-22-2012, 09:43 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: They still produce Ron Dayne cards??? Whats the world coming to??? lol. As for Lee Evans he has a ton of cards produced which should keep you busy for awhile. lmao. Not too mention Russell Wilson is going to have a ton of cards as well. Dont forget about Chambers!!!

They still producing Chris Henry cards?

Vontae has a little more than 300 cards produced so you better hope they produce more otherwise you are going to be in my boat soon. lol.
They Quit producing Chris Henry Cards in 2009. I wish some company would accidentally make one but he's been out of the league a while now. At this point I am hoping they make david Gettis cards. If he ever comes back. Sad
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37