`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay

Ebay
Hey all, I was looking for some insight hope you can help. I've been scouring ebay lately and seen some really nice vintage cards, some too nice. My question is how do you tell if a vintage card is a reprint or not? Obviously if it looks brand new (sharp corners, no marks, shiny) it's probably a reprint. But are there any other telling factors? Let me know what you can. Also, what is considered the average grade of vintage basketball cards. Not a lot of 10's out there. Is 6-7 good to shoot for? Thanks for the help guys.
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

RE: Ebay
If it is vintage and not graded, do not buy it, other wise the only way to actually tell is to have it in hand and look at it through a loupe, at the dpi, coloring, etc.....
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I'd recommend only buying graded cards..

I've bought one vintage card, that turned out to be a reprint. Bought it for about $10.. guy said he didn't realize it was a reprint.. he was a well respected dealer with over 10,000 transactions... he made up, by sending me two more Vintage cards, which satisfied me..

I think vintage grades are collectors preference. I would be happy with a 5-6.. I would much rather have 4 pointed corners & nice edges, than worry about small amount of chipping, centering, or color fading..

I'm not a big collector of Vintage.. but do try to pick up a few HOF'ers, if I can get them on the cheap.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Right. That's pretty much what I was thinking. I've found that stores are the way to go when buying ungraded vintage cards. Those guys inspect everything they take in and they usually don't take in reprints. A place near me is selling everything really cheap. I think they're about to go out of business. Thanks for the help guys. Happy hunting!
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

i bought a box fo 81-82 topps, i was thinking of putting them on the bay. Hope you guys think otherwise if you see them. These were all un-opened packs, and i busted them all. Was thinking of sending the 3 larry birds and his other variation, but theres magic johnsons and abdul-jabbars and others in it too.
What im asking is sell as a lot be quicker versus separatly and paying those s/h fees?
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner