`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION FOR EVERY ONE

QUESTION FOR EVERY ONE
So I was wondering is there anyone that is a member of Beckett that conducts box breaks for only Beckett members? If not my next question would be how would everyone take to an idea I have about this. I was thinking of doing maybe 1 or 2 box breaks a week but only to registered members of Beckett. I know we are a sort of close knit group in a way and that there really are not to many shiesty folks still around so it would make for a pretty cool weekly experience for all of us to get into. For instance every week a new thread would be created on every Monday which would be a "voting thread". Everyone would post what box or 2 boxes they would like to break that week. The majority vote would win of course. The voting would take place that Monday and would end on Tuesday at midnight. From that midnight vote closing until Friday at noon everyone could then start the bidding which would be on EBAY, however in order for your bid to count I would verify that you are a registered member of Beckett. The bidding would end at midnight that Friday with the opening of the box or boxes on Saturday and the recording being posted immediately following the box being opened. That would leave Sunday free for packaging and preparing the cards for shipment and then the process would start all over on Monday. I am not interested in profiting from anyone at all. Any money made from bidding would of course go towards the follow on boxes and extra money would be invested into a "secret stash" persay. The secret stash that would be made from all 4 weeks in the month would be used to purchase how ever many boxes as possible and would basically be a free box break for the dedicated followers, only shipping would be paid by the indidvidual. The team you would get if you choose to include yourself would be the team that you had paid the most for during the month. I think it could work as long as everyone trusted each other and me I guess but I dont know I think it would be cool for us Beckett heads to do and not have to worry about EBAY scammers. So what does every one think am I being to open minded or could we get a following?

RE: QUESTION FOR EVERY ONE
(08-19-2012, 09:58 PM)josiahcecil Wrote: So I was wondering is there anyone that is a member of Beckett that conducts box breaks for only Beckett members? If not my next question would be how would everyone take to an idea I have about this. I was thinking of doing maybe 1 or 2 box breaks a week but only to registered members of Beckett. I know we are a sort of close knit group in a way and that there really are not to many shiesty folks still around so it would make for a pretty cool weekly experience for all of us to get into. For instance every week a new thread would be created on every Monday which would be a "voting thread". Everyone would post what box or 2 boxes they would like to break that week. The majority vote would win of course. The voting would take place that Monday and would end on Tuesday at midnight. From that midnight vote closing until Friday at noon everyone could then start the bidding which would be on EBAY, however in order for your bid to count I would verify that you are a registered member of Beckett. The bidding would end at midnight that Friday with the opening of the box or boxes on Saturday and the recording being posted immediately following the box being opened. That would leave Sunday free for packaging and preparing the cards for shipment and then the process would start all over on Monday. I am not interested in profiting from anyone at all. Any money made from bidding would of course go towards the follow on boxes and extra money would be invested into a "secret stash" persay. The secret stash that would be made from all 4 weeks in the month would be used to purchase how ever many boxes as possible and would basically be a free box break for the dedicated followers, only shipping would be paid by the indidvidual. The team you would get if you choose to include yourself would be the team that you had paid the most for during the month. I think it could work as long as everyone trusted each other and me I guess but I dont know I think it would be cool for us Beckett heads to do and not have to worry about EBAY scammers. So what does every one think am I being to open minded or could we get a following?
I'd be interested as I have participated over the past few months with some of the regular ebay guys that do breaks. As long as it's not against the TOS of this medium then you should take it to the next step.

Sweet I am not to sure about the TOS? Im glad someone replied I didnt know if I was being to optimistic or if it could happen, thanks for your support though. I think if we can get 25 or more people with us we could have a great box breaking crew.

I had thought it was against TOS... i could be wrong but its come up before. I can recommend a good site for such things - all above board, no scams, just straight up box breaking fun - 643boxbreaks - theyre a decent crew, should this not get off the ground or is against TOS or whatever.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

I think it is against TOS
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Unfortunately Group Breaks are against the Term Of Service. I have seen quite a few threads shut down by Mods in the past, so I do not think that they would be happy with it. My guess for a reasoning is that the host of the breaks will be making money (no matter how you put it, that is what they will see) by using the site to find "buyers", without giving a finders fee to Beckett. It's a great idea that you have here and I would be interested in it. Hopefully a way can be found to have us all get together and do something like this.

Randi

Ok cool I see how it could be against there rules to necessarily find members within the forums to create a group. I believe we could still use this forum as a means of communicating with one another without making it seem as if it is a recruitment thread. So far it seems as if we have about 3 or 4 people that would be interested in joining the group. For everyone to contact me you can reach me at josiah.cecil@us.army.mil I am going to take a look at finding a site where we can create a forum specifically for the break group so we dont interfere with Beckett policy. For people that are interested and maybe know others that would be interested please send me a message. I would still like to have 25-30 dedicated members, as long as the majority of the members agree. I think this could be very cool and very fun without having to worry about money hungry villains and everyone can have my word that any and all profits will strictly go towards the shipping of items and the remainder going towards the free for members monthly "secret stash" box break. I will get back with everyone soon and if you have any ideas please bring them forward.

Keep me posted on how this goes. I've never done box breaks and as long as it's not super expensive, i'd love to get a new stash of cards all the time Smile
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

im in, love box breaks lmk.

Sweet thanks and Optimus if we do it right with 30 people you figure a good hobby box ranges from 70-170 bucks give or take so unless there is a bid battle everyone should only really be paying like 6 bucks for there shot at a team in that box and 6 bucks would be for a 170 dollar box to break even. So with less than 30 the breaking even figure would a bit more but still 6-10 bucks for a shot at some nice cards every week you cant beat that
Also my LCS is pretty good about getting new releases and maintaining the good brands in stock