`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Lockout again?

NHL Lockout again?
So the NHL is talking lockout if no new CBA with players by Sept 11.

So if the season does not start on time does anyone know how that will affect releases after that date?

RE: NHL Lockout again?
really hope there is no lockout, there is a game here in barrie and i might go to it

lockout this time = 100% of the blame on the owners
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

lockout = 100% of the fans losing.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

(08-17-2012, 09:39 PM)phildo37 Wrote: lockout this time = 100% of the blame on the owners
agreed but I think more on Bettman than the owners. He's done nothing but ruin the game. Time to sack him and get a new commissioner.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

My personal thoughts on the matter is if theres a lockout, the heads of both parties should be sacked, that would give them a little extra motivation to have these things done quicker. The very idea that they cant get THEIR JOBS done in time, is ridiculous, theyve only known this date was coming for how long? A lock out would be a travesty, and the appropriate people should suffer the consequences.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Bettman is a *****. Sad thing is he just signed a contract extension. He made 8 mil last year and what has he ever done for the game? Try to grow it in areas that should never have hockey in the first place. Sorry Phoenix/Atlanta etc... not enough people in those areas care about hockey.

As for the hobby I would imagine it would turn to what it did in 04-05... limited number of releases, very few rookie cards. Nothing near as good as a normal season.

(08-17-2012, 10:01 PM)dam1057 Wrote: lockout = 100% of the fans losing.
It's a shame because I was looking forward to the Flyers not winning the Cup again this year. If there really is a lockout it will barely be a blip on the radar in the US but people in Canada will be pissed. As far as Bettman goes, I agree with another person on here that hockey doesn't belong in cities like Phoenix, Nashville, Columbus, and obviously Atlanta since they are already gone. Too many teams have watered down the talent and the game isn't nearly as entertaining as it used to be. Can anyone name a single thing besides the Winter Classic that Bettman has done to make the game better/more entertaining?

This will kill hockey in the small market cities. Bettman needs to go along with Fehr. Don't understand why they will not extend the current CBA for one year to reslove the new one.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

The NHLPA said they they are willing to start the 2012 season even if the CBA is not 100% complete, the owners are saying no. Basically the owners are using this against the players as a strong tactic. As someone already mentioned the big losers here AGAIN will be the fans. There was a quick rebound after the last lockout mainly due to the young new crop of stars entering the league. Fans were dieing to see Sid, Ovy, Phaneuf, Richards, Getzlaf, Perry etc.....I don't think they fans will forgive and forget as fast this time. It hasn't been long enough since the last one.

I don't think there will be a lockout, I think this gets worked out and the season starts on time. The players and owners are not that stupid, they have to realize that it will hurt the NHL especially south of the border. However I did here one of them say that the NBA just had a lockout and their fans all came back. Having a lockout would be stupid for both parties involved.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.