`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lazy Guy - Finally Scanned Stuff From National

RE: Lazy Guy - Finally Scanned Stuff From National
(08-15-2012, 09:23 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: WOW! Those are some great pickups!! Congrats on finally picking up the Exquisite. I was the same way with getting the Hakeem Nicks from that set. And the patch on that R&S is friggin sweet!! And what can I say about the Barry autographed ball...?? Absolutely awesome!! And to actually get to shake his legendary hands and get to take a few moments to talk with him........ I'd be shaking so bad I would'nt even know what to say, lol!

Congrats on the great pickups!!
Thanks buddy. I am a fan of the 09 Exquisite set, which I can't say for every year. Anytime I can get my hands on a card where the whole thing is a patch and its multi-color I have to jump on it. The fact it is a rookie and /5 is just an added perk. In terms of Barry it was a sweet experience. It was my buddy's first in person auto, he is starting pretty high.
(08-15-2012, 09:30 PM)sevans1979 Wrote: Sick Sanders auto, he seems like a nice guy in person. Also love the Mccoy Exquisite!
Thanks. He definitely is.

(08-15-2012, 09:23 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: WOW! Those are some great pickups!! Congrats on finally picking up the Exquisite. I was the same way with getting the Hakeem Nicks from that set. And the patch on that R&S is friggin sweet!! And what can I say about the Barry autographed ball...?? Absolutely awesome!! And to actually get to shake his legendary hands and get to take a few moments to talk with him........ I'd be shaking so bad I would'nt even know what to say, lol!

Congrats on the great pickups!!
I was thinking almost exactly what lambeau said Smile
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

(08-15-2012, 09:33 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: good stuff bro! love the Barry Ball!
Thanks buddy. Don't own a house yet but my McCoy and Barry autos will be sitting right next to each other in my future man cave.
(08-15-2012, 09:45 PM)younglover Wrote: I was thinking almost exactly what lambeau said Smile
Great minds think alike.

Very nice pickups Blaze. I love me some Longevity! I probably have busted at least 6 boxes of this the last two years. There's another local here who grabs them up and I usually try to get to them first.
My lcs had some, but they wanted $10 more than what Target sells for. (?)
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Those are some ridiculous pickups bro!!! Must have been a blast to meet Barry!!!

Also any update regarding our trade for the MJD and Von autos? Still waiting to hear back from ya bud.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Awesome Shadys! Congrats on the pickups!

Nice pickups. I really wanted to get Barry Sanders auto too. I just finished my pickus too in which I will post today.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(08-16-2012, 01:13 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Very nice pickups Blaze. I love me some Longevity! I probably have busted at least 6 boxes of this the last two years. There's another local here who grabs them up and I usually try to get to them first.
Yeh you can really luck out at your lcs or they come at you with some ridiculous prices. It all matters what they got it for. I have no problem giving them some premium on the products for face to face interaction and the hook ups they give me but I can't pay $30 more on a $80 box you know.
(08-16-2012, 01:29 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Those are some ridiculous pickups bro!!! Must have been a blast to meet Barry!!!

Also any update regarding our trade for the MJD and Von autos? Still waiting to hear back from ya bud.
Thanks. National was a really good time in general. Wish I had any interest at all in vintage baseball because the stuff is everywhere. Modern cards are a lot harder to find then vintage there.

I will get back to you tonight about the trade. Sorry for the delay.
(08-16-2012, 01:30 AM)r23b Wrote: Awesome Shadys! Congrats on the pickups!
Thanks
(08-16-2012, 06:41 AM)kollectornet Wrote: Nice pickups. I really wanted to get Barry Sanders auto too. I just finished my pickus too in which I will post today.
Look forward to seeing them

Nice pickups! Also great that Barry was personable. I got something signed by Reggie Bush at the 2006 National in Anaheim and he looked and acted like he was in detention.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(08-16-2012, 01:13 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Very nice pickups Blaze. I love me some Longevity! I probably have busted at least 6 boxes of this the last two years. There's another local here who grabs them up and I usually try to get to them first.
That means they bought them at Target and marked them up $10 when they got back to the shop.

Pretty lame profit margin considering the time and effort it took to go buy them at Target. And they wonder why they're getting their a--es kicked by online sellers.