`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you rather have?

RE: What would you rather have?
a big factor for psa is the registry. ive heard that some people have paid 5K more then a specific card was worth just to surpass someone else on the registry.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(08-15-2012, 04:49 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Why doesnt PSA do subgrades? Also, I have noticed that with some PSA cards the card will be say PSA 9 but have the (OC) below the grade. Wouldnt that lower the grade even more if it were BGS?
That (OC) would be a Qualifier and yes, it would lower the grade.

(08-15-2012, 05:51 PM)bengu Wrote: I'd rather have the BGS 9.5 especially if it has high sub grades! Too many questions on PSA's in my opinion. I really don't buy that PSA 10's are legitimately selling for 8-10K while BGS 9.5's barely hit 5-6K even with strong subs! Either way though an MJ rookie is THE card to have in top condition!
Yeah, I was shocked too. Not my auction, obviously, but here is proof.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140824442227?ssP...1423.l2649
(08-15-2012, 06:15 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: a big factor for psa is the registry. ive heard that some people have paid 5K more then a specific card was worth just to surpass someone else on the registry.
What exactly is the registry? Is it simply a count on how many cards you have graded at a certain grade?
(08-15-2012, 06:05 PM)quavis Wrote: id rather the bgs, but there are people out there who only collect psa and or 10's. all it takes is two ,people who do to start a bidding war i guess. it does seem crazy especially since not one person here has said psa. i guess the rich collectors dont care to come on this forum with us...who are these people?
Yeah, I always wonder the same thing. How does someone have 4k to spend on a card? And in the case of the PSA 10, it is already up to 10k! wow!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I would take which ever card looked better. I would get a good image or look of each card, and go for whichever one looks better. Obviously, the subgrades on the BGS9.5 make it easier to tell where the flaws are on the card. That being said, I would probably go for the PSA10 if it looked good enough, since it would have a chance at getting a BGS10.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I would get the bgs, take it to psa, grade it and get a 10. sell it and with the extra 4 grand in my pocket buy a whole mess of cards and complete sets

For resale- PSA 10, Pc-BGS.. Not a fan of the flimsy PSa cases (especially with edge damage they can cause with the card free to move around) and slowly selling off what I do have in them. Bgs is the far superior case protection wise and they look better as well IMO