`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***THE FINAL PLANS FOR MY SHOP "I PROMISE"*** Long Read**

***THE FINAL PLANS FOR MY SHOP "I PROMISE"*** Long Read**
I apologize for always mentioning my shop...well its my life so its hard not to.

Anyway we have finally hammered out all the plans for the newly improved shop that I hope when completely finished will be the best family own shop in the country.

The overall idea is to make it a very professional yet inviting feel. While also offering the best organization and stress free area for collectors. We have two rooms. The front room is where the entry door is. This room will have a lounge area and house all of our memorabilia and mcfarlanes, etc.

The back room with be a card collectors dream. Hundreds of dime, quarter, and dollar boxes. Multiple boxes with card marked 50% off, etc. And boxes with price as marked Jerseys, autos, inserts, etc. There will be 6 display cases (* Two 5 foot cases, Three 6 foot cases, and One 8 foot case) so thats 36 feet of display case housing just high end singles from pre war vintage to current patches and autos. Behind the main counter will be the current wax priced according to market. Along the top of the opposite wall with be a store length shelf that will have our full inventory of older wax marked down considerably from the original price.

Behind another section of counter will be a customer made shelving unit full of roughly 60-80 four row boxes packed with cards sorted by team, player, and year for vintage set collectors. This will be stuff thats better than the cheap dime-dollar card but not good enough to take up space in our cases.

We will have one entire wall packed floor to ceiling with every supply you could think of. All priced lower than any other shop youll go to.

Back to the front room. When you walk in there will be a area with a seating area with a table to bust wax and not feel like people are watching you. There will be a smaller flat screen out there and maybe a laptop or tablet to search our online inventory. Our donation box will be out there for you to leave all your unwanted cards. One wall out there will have a board with the best pulls from our shop and I want to start to gather signatures from all the great beckett members to showcase. I will also have some of my colbert PC showcased as well as my dads gale sayers collection.

There will be a glass front fridge out there with drinks for sale, a water cooler *FREE*, and a coffee maker if thats what you need. We will have snacks for sale as well if you intend to use out shop to do your box breaks and your going to be there for a while. We will have an info table to explain all our shows and we will be having a monthly newspaper thing explaining all the promotions, news, big pulls and showcase one of our customer collections. The big room will have a large flat screen. We will have the big room set up so that it will be easy to clear space for when we have box break parties and trade nights.

phew done explaining most of it and once again all comments and opinions welcome.

Estimated time of completion 6-8 months
~There will be alot of custom made units since there is not a sports card display area at Ikea.

I will try and keep you all updated

~The longest process will be sorting all these damn cards and pricing them.

If you have got to this point thanks for reading
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: ***THE FINAL PLANS FOR MY SHOP "I PROMISE"*** Long Read**
I read it all Big Grin sounds really great. wish I lived near a card shop like that. Btw, I have a 2008 sp authentic gale sayers retro jersey auto for my set coming tomorrow Big Grin
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Nice! His collection is not very large but few nice items. I pick up whatever I can for him. Just got him a nice 3 color patch at the national

So do you have your store front already bought/rented?

Sounds like an awesome plan.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I just cant imagine how many Phins cards you have that I need. Wish I lived closer.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(08-09-2012, 01:07 AM)josiahcecil Wrote: So do you have your store front already bought/rented?
We have been in business for 20 years now. Just a clean slate, remodel, and completely new business plan thats more suited for todays collector base
England thanks!

And baker well once we have finished a good organize you will know lol

(08-09-2012, 12:45 AM)chads-cards Wrote: I apologize for always mentioning my shop...well its my life so its hard not to.
I think it's great to see a card shop owner be this active on a message board. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable if I were to walk into your shop someday.

(08-09-2012, 12:45 AM)chads-cards Wrote: I will also have some of my colbert PC showcased as well as my dads gale sayers collection.
A fantastic idea! In all the shops I've frequented, I've never really known what the owner collects.

(08-09-2012, 12:45 AM)chads-cards Wrote: There will be a glass front fridge out there with drinks for sale, a water cooler *FREE*, and a coffee maker if thats what you need. We will have snacks for sale as well if you intend to use out shop to do your box breaks and your going to be there for a while.
I think it's a great idea but you might need to check local municiple code if you haven't already. When my mom used to own a craft boutique in Chicago, an inspector forcer her to take away a free coffee pot she used to keep because she didn't have a food license.

(08-09-2012, 12:45 AM)chads-cards Wrote: phew done explaining most of it and once again all comments and opinions welcome.
Great job dude!

Alot of people down there in Carolina that need their owls cleaned?

Love the ideas, wish I had an LCS near me likes yours. We used to have one but the gentleman retired and moved away.

I read the whole thing - why wouldn't I? You're a great member and I'm very excited for you - as I believe most of us members are.

Sounds great - I like the updates!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]