`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my 1887 A&G N28 Mike Kelly graded...

RE: Got my 1887 A&G N28 Mike Kelly graded...
There is no complaining with an Allen & Ginter Mike Kelly card. A great looking card. Congratulations.

If you're really unhappy with it, you can always just give it to me Smile

Nice card man.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

Any VG grade implies there is a crease. Unless the edges are very bad (shows paper damage like a scrape), I think it should have been at least an EX. I hate these 'tweener grades.

(08-27-2012, 05:51 PM)rinzler Wrote: Any VG grade implies there is a crease. Unless the edges are very bad (shows paper damage like a scrape), I think it should have been at least an EX. I hate these 'tweener grades.
I don't think VG implies there is a crease. I think it implies there *may* be a crease. Unless I'm missing it, I don't see any crease.

I just stumbled on to the following eBay auction - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1887-Allen-Ginte...7675.l2557

Can someone tell me how my card (the one I posted scans of in this thread) and this card are graded the exact same?
I went ahead and made a picture showing both cards side by side:

I just love this set. I really want to put some of these old Allen Ginter sets together. Beautiful card!!!

Sweet card
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

That is a beautiful card no matter your grade. I can see what you are saying based upon comparison your card seems to have better corners and sides. I am no professional grader, but to be fair (and it may be the camera or cameras if you consider both photos) there looks to be a colour difference between the cards. Perhaps the other card has better original colour and yours is faded?

(03-29-2013, 09:01 AM)cdillon17 Wrote: I just stumbled on to the following eBay auction - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1887-Allen-Ginte...7675.l2557

Can someone tell me how my card (the one I posted scans of in this thread) and this card are graded the exact same?
I went ahead and made a picture showing both cards side by side:

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Great card no matter the grade.Think it could have been higher, maybe you caught the grader on a bad day.If you decide to resubmit it keep us posted.