`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my 1887 A&G N28 Mike Kelly graded...

Got my 1887 A&G N28 Mike Kelly graded...
Pictures below. What do you think? How'd I do? When I first saw the card, I was thinking VG-EX 4. Then I got to looking at similar cards on eBay and I was thinking maybe 4.5 or even 5. So I was a bit disappointed, but only 20 have been graded higher by SGC so I can't complain.

RE: Got my 1887 A&G N28 Mike Kelly graded...
Sweet!
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

That's very nice!

THAT is an awesome card to have in your collection no matter the condition. Congrats!

I appreciate all the nice comments... thanks! I was really hoping to get everybody's take on the grade given to the card. Like I said, I think a VG-EX 50/4 is probably right, but I swear I've seen a good number of these 1887 cards in worse shape that were given VG-EX grades, too.

Grading is very subjective. A 4 on a 100+ year old card is very good. Don't get caught up on the number grade. The card is beautiful. You can always resubmit if you want.

Awesome!.. I tried to get some 1887's A&G on the bay before, i think there been a few cap ansons, a kkelley, and a glasscock before...i went a got a T206 1909-11 of Evers.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

That is a beautiful card. As old as it is, I think the grade is fantastic
[Image: Boston.jpg]

Oh nice! But why is it VG/EX? These cards are really stiff compared to later baseball cards. Is there a slight hairline crease? I've kept my N28 Kelly raw.

(08-13-2012, 05:27 PM)rinzler Wrote: Oh nice! But why is it VG/EX? These cards are really stiff compared to later baseball cards. Is there a slight hairline crease? I've kept my N28 Kelly raw.
Nope, the card definitely didn't have a crease. Not sure why the VG/EX... it's obviously not NM... it does have some "color"... and of course the edges/corners aren't perfect... what you see in the scan is pretty much it... I saw some N28s on eBay in seemingly much worse shape that got VG/EX, too... I was a bit bummed to get a 4 after seeing the others on eBay.