`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Im having a tough time deciding on how to store my base cards. Any ideas?

RE: Im having a tough time deciding on how to store my base cards. Any ideas?
Straight up 800, 3000, 5000 ct boxes for me. No penny sleeves. This is the cheapest and easiest. I put everything by number, year, brand and index card them separate. Now, you can do a binder but 9 card page sheets and binders are not cheap. And if you are like me with 10's of 1,000's of them..then the best storage and space saver is the white count boxes. I use whatever one I happen to have on hand. If you got straight up 5,000 that would be a lot better. Won't take as many as i have lol.

If you are going to do by set, and you have most of the set, leave an empty slot so you can add the card when you get it. Also will allow you to easily chase a set if your a set builder.

I would think you just leave an open spot for each missing card in the 9 slot binder page if you are working on a set or team set. Plug them in as you get them.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(08-08-2012, 07:31 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: I would think you just leave an open spot for each missing card in the 9 slot binder page if you are working on a set or team set. Plug them in as you get them.
Yes this ^^^ on top of what i already said

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

well 90% of my base i store in the Garbage can....
Smile
no sheet.
the other 10% i keep in my 10 or so 2 row shoe boxes with penny sleeves..my main PC guys,My Bears, my years..2007 etc..and "other teams" that i usually gift away with other higher end cards in trades and "fun" packages...

on the Other hand....i LOVE base Inserts with a passion..its weird
base is a pain in the ars to me unless they are your boy or team..just my opinion though
:")
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Let me take this a step further. The base cards I own are PC. I have about 1200-1500 Phins cards. All of my other base of other teams are just sitting in a box and I dont care about those lol. My Bears are safely tucked away in a separate box as well.

The only idea I came up with is I buy 4 to 5 binders. Mark each one with certain years. ie 1966-1979, 1980-1989, etc. I then divide each binder by product in alphabetical order. Now the downside is there will be a lot of wasted space with the pages but its all I can come up with.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

All I do is store them in the 700 count boxes in alphabetical order for all of the 4 major sports, also only cards that are booked at less than 1.00 go in. All cards booked higher than 1.00 go into a top loader/penny sleeve and go into seperate boxes which are all seperated by the 4 major sports and then by team. It works out pretty well for me and what I usually do is put 50 or 60 cards into the organize and then immediately store them in their correct home. It helps out a ton when it comes to a trade or sell when the other party is looking for base cards.

(08-09-2012, 01:05 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Let me take this a step further. The base cards I own are PC. I have about 1200-1500 Phins cards. All of my other base of other teams are just sitting in a box and I dont care about those lol. My Bears are safely tucked away in a separate box as well.

The only idea I came up with is I buy 4 to 5 binders. Mark each one with certain years. ie 1966-1979, 1980-1989, etc. I then divide each binder by product in alphabetical order. Now the downside is there will be a lot of wasted space with the pages but its all I can come up with.
If its a PC team thats different. I keep Giants in a binder by player. Its easier to see if I have doubles or not. I don't keep my doubles. I sell or give those away. When I use binders, I always use 3 inch ones.

(08-09-2012, 01:05 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: The only idea I came up with is I buy 4 to 5 binders. Mark each one with certain years. ie 1966-1979, 1980-1989, etc. I then divide each binder by product in alphabetical order. Now the downside is there will be a lot of wasted space with the pages but its all I can come up with.
That is basically what I do. I have several binders and I put my Panther cards in the binder in the same set order as they are listed in the Beckett organize, but I then put the players in alphabetical order. I skip spots for the cards that I need. If one year ends in the middle of a page, I start the next year in the next hole.

As well, I plan on scanning the thicker cards (front and back) and printing them out and placing those printouts in the binders, but keep the actual card in a 2 row box. That way I can look at them with my collection, but still keep them protected.
Looking for Carolina Panthers & Sterling Marlin!

(08-09-2012, 01:05 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Let me take this a step further. The base cards I own are PC. I have about 1200-1500 Phins cards. All of my other base of other teams are just sitting in a box and I dont care about those lol. My Bears are safely tucked away in a separate box as well.

i like it...they will be easy to look at even though they take up a skosch more space...space is over-rated anyway..
and if you find a large type book shelf they will sit up nicely in rows by year......
Hmmmmmmmmm....................
i think i like that ALOT...Im a gonna do it Rick...thanks!..great thread.
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95