`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini Redemption Question

Panini Redemption Question
Last week, I got an email saying that the Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket of Aaron Williams was shipping. Panini was shipping it through Fed Ex with a Fed Ex shipping number. I didn't really think much of it at first - I mean, its a short print from a popular series of a player who was already starting as a rookie, probably a value thing (even though the Nathan Enderle Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket auto shipped by regular mail). Then nothing for a week and finally, a notice from Fed Ex Ground that they were unable to deliver so I am arranging pickup at a Fed Ex store.

Now this is the weird part - according to Fed. Ex it is a one pound package - for one card? Really? What did they actually send?

Obviously they didn't ship it by Fed Ex for speed - they send out a Totally Certified Jerrel Jerrigan auto patch (whatever they are card) a couple of days later which arrived at the same time. Incidentially my fastest Panini redemption ever - probably helped that I didn't enter it for a couple of months.

Does anyone who have experience with Panini redemptions ever seen this? Since it likely will now be at least another day before I can pick it up, I'm just sort of curious.

RE: Panini Redemption Question
(08-07-2012, 10:59 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Now this is the weird part - according to Fed. Ex it is a one pound package - for one card? Really? What did they actually send?
With the Fed Ex & UPS you pay by the lb not the ounce. Count your blessings for the USPS or we would all be looking at a minimum of at least $5 per package to ship a single card.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(08-07-2012, 11:15 AM)warcraftin Wrote: With the Fed Ex & UPS you pay by the lb not the ounce. Count your blessings for the USPS or we would all be looking at a minimum of at least $5 per package to ship a single card.
They are also fairly fast as well - the Fed Ex ground shipment left two days before the mailed card and got here the same day.

So I guess my theory that they were "providing equivilent value" from a bunch of Score blasters was not accurate.

I just picked it up from the Fed Ex Office location near my office and it is beautiful. Wish I had a scanner I could use to share.

What was it?
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(08-09-2012, 11:04 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: What was it?
Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket Aaron Williams auto.

Its one of the SP/99 retail exclusive redemptions

Sweet Jernigan..hope you post a pic. I usually don't have any issues with Panini redemptions. All of mine, including Demarco Murray rookie ink have arrived at the post office.

(08-09-2012, 01:31 PM)giantsfan Wrote: Sweet Jernigan..hope you post a pic. I usually don't have any issues with Panini redemptions. All of mine, including Demarco Murray rookie ink have arrived at the post office.
That one was sent by regular mail and was in my mailbox waiting for me. I've heard he has a lot of potential and you guys are expecting good things out of him. And that card was really a bonus (in the same box I pulled a 2/2 of a Hall of Fame). But it was much better than getting a Jordan Todman or Bilal Powell to get a player who actually was playing.

Panini has done a good job clearing out my 2011 redemptions other than 2 R&S Longevity Autographs. Nothing for a while and then three in one week.