`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously davidbakanas?

RE: Seriously davidbakanas?
OK - lest this get out of hand...I'm going to temporarily close this thread.

For all we know it could have been a simple oversight on his part - and he may be perfectly willing to correct it. He hasn't responded to PMs yet, but then again he hasn't logged on in a couple days (not at all unusual - especially if he was out of town for the weekend or something).

Let's give him a few days and see how this plays out. If it turns out he's a scammer, I'll open this back up and blast away - I just think it's a bit too early yet to be dragging the guy's name through the mud.

I have his name/address and will be monitoring his account.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

OK - I'm opening this thread back up - at least temporarily to give an update.

First of all - I was shown a picture of the bubble mailer in question - it was torn at both ends and looks like it went through a wringer. I don't know if that's how it arrived - but if it did arrive that way OBVIOUSLY it's going to be empty. I'm not going to post it as it contains both trader's addresses, but they can do so at their discretion if they wish.

Secondly, davidbakanas has been in contact with me, and reportedly with the OP as well, and has stated he is sorry that the envelope arrived empty, and will return the OP's cards to him and eat the loss completely himself. Provided that happens, I can say that is above and beyond what a lot traders would do in a similar situation.

I know the 'jakelovescards' drama is fresh in a lot of people's minds, but I hope that this can be a reminder that not everyone is out to screw you...sometimes unfortunate accidents happen.

Now like I said I'm going to open this back up - if it turns into another flame war against either party it will quickly be locked back up. But I want all parties involved to be able to have their say.

(08-07-2012, 09:34 AM)ceocards Wrote: OK - I'm opening this thread back up - at least temporarily to give an update.

First of all - I was shown a picture of the bubble mailer in question - it was torn at both ends and looks like it went through a wringer. I don't know if that's how it arrived - but if it did arrive that way OBVIOUSLY it's going to be empty. I'm not going to post it as it contains both trader's addresses, but they can do so at their discretion if they wish.
A small piece of info that the OP left out of his original post. He made it sound like he opened a sealed bubbler and found it empty. Never disclosing the fact that the mailer was damaged.

I also received a PM from David. I truly believe this to be a mistake. I too saw the package in question and it is in fact a mess. There is no way a card could have survived the trip. David is not running from this and has contacted the mods, the OP, and others. He has said he intends to return all the cards.

I had a trader contact me this morning to ask if I thought David was okay to continue trading with as he had an offer out. I told him YES. I feel he is no doubt a good trader and this is simply a bad luck deal.

Good Luck to those involved. I recommend splitting the losses. At least that is what I would do.
(08-07-2012, 09:43 AM)dkotart Wrote: A small piece of info that the OP left out of his original post. He made it sound like he opened a sealed bubbler and found it empty. Never disclosing the fact that the mailer was damaged.

Yes I never saw this info either. I also posted prematurely thinking he received an empty toploader in his package which I find to never be a mistake. This was not the case. That was MY BAD!!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

To be fair to the OP - I don't know if the pic I saw is how the package ARRIVED or how it looked after he tried to open it...

But either way, by all appearances they are working it out and hopefully will have a satisfactory resolution.

(08-07-2012, 09:47 AM)ceocards Wrote: To be fair to the OP - I don't know if the pic I saw is how the package ARRIVED or how it looked after he tried to open it...

But either way, by all appearances they are working it out and hopefully will have a satisfactory resolution.
The fact is the accused is trying to handle the issue and not ignoring it. That to me says he wasn't out to screw anyone. So I think that is what is important here.

The package did in fact only weigh .6 OZ though. That is confirmed by the picture, it was however insured. Generally a package damaged like this is marked by the PO. If it is not damaged then the OP ripped it on two ends. If it was damaged then I think the insurance claim needs to be made before David eats the loss. Just my two sense.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Guys, we are trying to work this out. Can you close this thread again please?
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

Maybe David Blaine took the card. Heard he got a job with the PO

He does some crazy tricks. Damn that David Blaine

..just saying, it could happen
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(08-07-2012, 10:20 AM)stera8 Wrote: Maybe David Blaine took the card. Heard he got a job with the PO

He does some crazy tricks. Damn that David Blaine

..just saying, it could happen
lmao! But seriously I kind of jumped the gun even though i thought it could have been a mistake so hopefully one of the mods can close this thread.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(08-07-2012, 10:27 AM)ja1091 Wrote: lmao! But seriously I kind of jumped the gun even though i thought it could have been a mistake so hopefully one of the mods can close this thread.
As mentioned before there are far too many of these threads and could possibly run off new traders. As this was posted prematurly and everything is being worked out between both sides. You can just edit the orignal post and click delete post and that will erase the entire thread. Just closing it still allows others to open and read.