`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Default grading = Near Mint

RE: Default grading = Near Mint
(08-05-2012, 06:56 PM)mickey871 Wrote: OK, so would one of you guys kindly walk me through the fixing them to be all near mint. I tried, and it simply did not go as planned. Thanks, and I am looking forward to fixing it.
Thanks,
Mickey
Go into your Org, click on "layout," select "grade," then click the box on the left that says "select." Then all your cards on that page will be checked-off. Then, click on the box on the right that says "fill condition." Just select "NRMT 8" and they'll all be changed.

(08-05-2012, 04:56 PM)jonathani Wrote: When you find someone that rates cards accurately, add that person to your favorite traders list. I am by no means a professional grader, but I look at each card individually and determine what I think the grade should be before posting it for trade here. I always err on the side of caution and have never had anyone complain. If someone has everything rated as 8s or 9s, I simply ask if that is accurate. If anyone has an advantage through deceptive labeling, it is not the gullible person in the trade. I just got some great cards from Illuminasty that were spot on. If he tells me a card is a five, I know he is accurate and expect nothing more (though sometimes I get the better end of his estimations). Then, when he tells me something is an eight, I know that when I receive it it will be as close to an eight in my book as it was in his. Anyone too lazy to accurately describe what he or she has for trade is not worth trading with. If you have doubts, it is your obligation to ask the question. I always do. Otherwise, caveat emptor.

JonathanI

P.S.
I have very few traders listed in my favorites, but I trust every single one of them to deliver exactly what they advertise - if not better. Feel free to check them out.
If you're talking vintage or very high-end modern, then I agree with you. If that's the case, I'd usually prefer to send/receive a scan of the card.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I personally think this is crazy... we shouldn't have to change the condition to realign the value the values should be realigned to the condition I have the cards in my organize marked as Mint that are Mint a Mint card is a card that would grade out as a 9 and for modern that is easy to tell if you have graded enough modern you know a Near Mint to Mint or even a Near Mint to Mint+ shows wear of some kind or is off center enough to tell
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(08-05-2012, 09:05 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: I personally think this is crazy... we shouldn't have to change the condition to realign the value the values should be realigned to the condition I have the cards in my organize marked as Mint that are Mint a Mint card is a card that would grade out as a 9 and for modern that is easy to tell if you have graded enough modern you know a Near Mint to Mint or even a Near Mint to Mint+ shows wear of some kind or is off center enough to tell
So 134 of the 136 cards you have for trade will grade out as Mint other than the '48 and '52 which you have labeled as NM?

(08-05-2012, 05:00 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: In general I don't care if they would grade mint possibly. If they are not then they are not. I have adjusted a few to mint lately because the other side has the same. Generally I just say something and most will adjust it but some still don't. I try explaining the default here is Nm-Mt but some people just don't get it.
yeah thaats the only reason i changed one card to mint because somebody else had all mint..

Everyone who collects I would assume they know that they take care of the card and do something when it comes out of the pack
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(08-05-2012, 05:00 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: In general I don't care if they would grade mint possibly. If they are not then they are not. I have adjusted a few to mint lately because the other side has the same. Generally I just say something and most will adjust it but some still don't. I try explaining the default here is Nm-Mt but some people just don't get it.
yeah thaats the only reason i changed one card to mint because somebody else had all mint..

Everyone who collects I would assume they know that they take care of the card and do something when it comes out of the pack
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I am personally cautious trading with people who claim their cards are mint unless they are professionally graded..by a good company...
Otherwise, they are considered NrMt raw out of pack without obvious flaws.
Usually the trader has not changed the grading from the last few months adjustment by Beckett because they do not know how to do it.
I did it through ALL ITEMS and did it globally, then had to adjust the vintage cards according to the real grade. Luckly I do not have a lot of vintage.
It takes some time...

(08-05-2012, 06:56 PM)mickey871 Wrote: OK, so would one of you guys kindly walk me through the fixing them to be all near mint. I tried, and it simply did not go as planned. Thanks, and I am looking forward to fixing it.
Thanks,
Mickey
So you have nearly 3,000 cards that would all grade exactly the same? If not, you might be doing what people are complaining about and misrepresenting your collection for the sake of falsely adding value for trading purposes. However it works, someone still has to leave feedback.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

For vintage I always demand and supply extra high resolution scans of each corner as well as the card surface and the back.

(08-05-2012, 04:56 PM)jonathani Wrote: When you find someone that rates cards accurately, add that person to your favorite traders list. I am by no means a professional grader, but I look at each card individually and determine what I think the grade should be before posting it for trade here. I always err on the side of caution and have never had anyone complain. If someone has everything rated as 8s or 9s, I simply ask if that is accurate. If anyone has an advantage through deceptive labeling, it is not the gullible person in the trade. I just got some great cards from Illuminasty that were spot on. If he tells me a card is a five, I know he is accurate and expect nothing more (though sometimes I get the better end of his estimations). Then, when he tells me something is an eight, I know that when I receive it it will be as close to an eight in my book as it was in his. Anyone too lazy to accurately describe what he or she has for trade is not worth trading with. If you have doubts, it is your obligation to ask the question. I always do. Otherwise, caveat emptor.

JonathanI

P.S.
I have very few traders listed in my favorites, but I trust every single one of them to deliver exactly what they advertise - if not better. Feel free to check them out.

(08-06-2012, 01:12 PM)jonathani Wrote: So you have nearly 3,000 cards that would all grade exactly the same? If not, you might be doing what people are complaining about and misrepresenting your collection for the sake of falsely adding value for trading purposes. However it works, someone still has to leave feedback.

JonathanI
JMO:

The value difference between ExMT, NM, and NM+ on a modern $2 insert is immaterial. If you're (general you, not directed at anyone in particular) going to bicker over that, then I politely suggest you need to find something better to do with your time. For that reason, then yes, for 95% of 'for trade' cards it's perfectly fine to estimate an average grade of NM or so.

Like others have said, when it comes to individual high value or vintage cards, then yes I agree going card by individual card and assigning a grade (even just a 'best guess') is crucial. But for the most part, common base and low end inserts can be bulk assigned an average grade without any trouble IMO.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.