`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pickups from the National

Pickups from the National
Well I went to my first National and I must say that I wasnt really impressed. Aside from the give-aways being done at the Panini, Topps and UD booths it was like most any other large show I've gone to.
The only perk for me was that I was able to meet up with two great members from the boards.... cybertrenz02 and ripkenfan72 . We had a great time Friday and Saturday hanging with each other, busting a little wax and helping each other out with a few frebbies for our respective PC's.

I did pick up a few things along the way..... here ya go

First, a couple autos that I just really liked and the price was right Smile

[Image: IMG_0008-3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0009-3.jpg]

Then a few additions to the Steeler PC.... the Demonti Dawson was a gift from Nasser... its numbered 5/5 on the back
[Image: IMG_0010_NEW.jpg]
The Greenwood is 23/25 and the Worilds NT is 20/99.

and of course a few Hines Wards.....

[Image: IMG_0011.jpg]

and this sweet auto 2/3

[Image: IMG_0012.jpg]

All in all it was fun.... meeting up with fellow beckett members definitly made it worthwhile for me. Hope to do it again in Chicago and meet more of the great members there.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

RE: Pickups from the National
Those are some pretty sick adds

Ive never even been to a convention Sad I live in Maine...so nothing like that around here. Do the dealers have cards priced fairly or do you tend to dicker a bit with them? And will they usually dicker?

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

As I have been picking up cards for my PC, I have always wanted to take my son to one, but I remember way back how dealers jack up all their prices, especially if you collect a regional player, etc... Eventually I may take him to a show, and maybe meet some of the collectors on here, but I personally am better off buying online... Just not worth the hassle IMHO... Mind you, I would love to find a few Shipley 1/1's at a show...Wink

Wow some great stuff! Love the Greenwood inscription!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(08-05-2012, 10:36 AM)dow714 Wrote: Those are some pretty sick adds

Ive never even been to a convention Sad I live in Maine...so nothing like that around here. Do the dealers have cards priced fairly or do you tend to dicker a bit with them? And will they usually dicker?
Most of the dealers had cards priced at book or higher. They would work with you on the price if asked. Some had deals but nothing top line, it was usually GU and autos for $5 to $10 a peice, but I can get the same stuff at local shows for $3-$5...and even less if I bought bulk.

The deals really depended on what you were looking for.
(08-05-2012, 10:45 AM)branesergen Wrote: Wow some great stuff! Love the Greenwood inscription!
Thanks, so do I . I had never seen that set until yesterday so of course I had to get it. I almost picked up a 9.5 BGS Ward superfractor. The dealer wanted $200, I offered $150... no go.... but I fould that sweet 2/3 Ward auto at another dealers table for much less than the superfractor. I feel I made a better decision on that one.
(08-05-2012, 10:44 AM)slotman11 Wrote: As I have been picking up cards for my PC, I have always wanted to take my son to one, but I remember way back how dealers jack up all their prices, especially if you collect a regional player, etc... Eventually I may take him to a show, and maybe meet some of the collectors on here, but I personally am better off buying online... Just not worth the hassle IMHO... Mind you, I would love to find a few Shipley 1/1's at a show...Wink
I saw a lot of Shipley autos there, but no 1/1's, unless they were hidden Smile
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.

very nice pickups!! Congrats!!
Baseball: Albert Pujols, George Brett
Football: KC Chiefs, 2009 Certified Fabric of The Game
SETS: NFL 2010 Topps Chrome, 2011 Topps Chrome

[Image: cheifs.jpg]

Love the Berry and congrats on that Hines!!! It's a sweet card, but I have a soft spot for TTT. Wink
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

You found some cool stuff! I like the Greenwood Exquisites inscriptions and your Hines pickups. I'm going to the National next year for sure, Chicago isn't too far from here.
[Image: flo.jpg]
Sadistically collecting Chad OchoCinco Johnson
non 1/1's 2660/3840 69.25% complete

*Every time you use the word "MOJO" an angel gets full blown aids*

(08-05-2012, 01:47 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Love the Berry and congrats on that Hines!!! It's a sweet card, but I have a soft spot for TTT. Wink
Thanks Wendy. The Ward TTT was a nice find on day two. Smile

Awesome pick ups! Love the Hines TTT as well as all the other black and gold.
[Image: steelers.jpg]